Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Suggest Ideas For In-house Contests.

leofelix is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by nitinagarwal1988 View Post
    what about a video shoot out contest?
    like the contestant have to shoot a video via there mobiles, handycams....whatever on the theme of the contest, like how much you are crazy for windows, how MS office change your working style, windows live and you...and upload it on youtube or anyother video sharing website and provide a link here in the contest thread....the video must have time limit, like the video is not more than of 2 minutes or something.....
    and for prizes, offer some live content like....stickers of MS and windows, goodies from MS, any MS product or anything attractive...
    Good Idea,
    I had a similar idea.
    Would be nice for a contest if members could post some links to video, like music or strange or humorous facts: from youtube or vimeo for example.
    With observance to copy rights of course

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

what about a simple contest for Featured member of the month ??

Featured member of the month of November ?? still 17days remaining .....

easy to win.....if want to be a winner, just post about good stuff, tutorials, news and more info......reply to other members posts and help to solve there problems.....

the winner will get a special shield type badage (member of Month/TWC's Featured Member) to display on its profile picture for the whole next month and afterward it will be transferred to the 'member of the month of Dec'.

something like this :

and a Windows 7 DVD or anything else if possible ??

What you say guys, reply your views about this idea and request Andy sir to start a new ritual here
    Last edited by nitinagarwal1988; 12th November 2009 at 21:19.

leofelix is offline Member

what about a contest only for moderators?
    The moderator who will ban more spammers will win

Just kidding

@ nitin: very nice idea
    Last edited by leofelix; 12th November 2009 at 21:17.

riteshtechie is offline Software Developer

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by nitinagarwal1988 View Post
    what about a simple contest for Featured member of the month ??

Featured member of the month of November ?? still 17days remaining .....

easy to win.....if want to be a winner, just post about good stuff, tutorials, news and more info......reply to other members posts and help to solve there problems.....

the winner will get a special shield type badage (member of Month/TWC's Featured Member) to display on its profile picture for the whole next month and afterward it will be transferred to the 'member of the month of Dec'.

something like this :

and a Windows 7 DVD or anything else if possible ??

What you say guys, reply your views about this idea and request Andy sir to start a new ritual here
    No offence Nitin.....but I have seen such contests in many forum and believe me it do motivates members to post a lot of topic. But the sad thing is that than we start posting everything in the forum no matter what it is, how relevant it is.............(It Makes forum a drop box of our Junk Mail/post) Hope you understand

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

but I have seen such contests in many forum and believe me it do motivates members to post a lot of topic. But the sad thing is that than we start posting everything in the forum no matter what it is, how relevant it is.............(It Makes forum a drop box of our Junk Mail/post) Hope you understand
    Similar contest was held here at TWCF (it was WVCF at that time) back in December 2008 and iMav was the winner.

Edit: Contest Link
    Last edited by tweakwindows; 13th November 2009 at 15:56.

@ Ritesh : buddy I know many forums organize such contests to increase postings, that's why I called this contest as the 'Featured Member of the month'.......not the 'Contributor of the month'......

The only member who deals fair in all the part will only receive the owner to get featured. only posting more n more topics do not works in this case.

like I have some ideas by which the Featured member will get selected.

1. Post counts - for this purpose, we need help of our Mods. As any user posts a topic or news, if any of Mods read it n find useful then give it a #tag of being useful.

2. Participation in forum activities - like, participation in contests going on, sticky posts, polls, hot topics and suggestions to improve forum.

3. Open Poll - Admin will start a Poll when 3 days left in the month with the top 5 members selected. members are allowed to select there most helpful buddy for that month. only registered members will have voting rights.

In this way we can share more, learn more and make our club more popular.

@tweakwindows : ohhkkk just checked it, you may call my idea the advance version of that contest and this will be regularly competed month by month......

make this contest such a big hit that all will always wait for the results of this contests and make members always wants to have Featured Member badage on there profiles.....

arvind_kumar is offline Senior Member

@nitin
    @tweakwindows
    I think that there must be a contest like "Best article of the month" and its the right one as we can find such articles with the help of moderators.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

I am open to both the idea's of nitin and arvind.

Featured member of the month
    Best article of the month or week too!

I have 5 licenses of Eset & Tune Up Utilities 2010 each to offer.

Maybe the featured member/best article could be posted on TWC too. Or maybe its mention even be carried on TWCF sidebar each month.

But these days I'm a little constrained for time. So if our new enthusiastic Mod leofelix or even MVPs iMav & Tweaky want to take the initiative and chalk it out and execute it, we'll be most happy & supportive.

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

^ Nice idea. Of course, I am ready to help.

@Arvind, your idea is also awesome buddy !!

@Mods, so start threads for both the contests and make it officially start. Post the contest rules and prizes....

Thanks

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast