Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Announcing: The Security Garden WinPatrol Challenge!

seti is offline Member

this is a must have application and regularly tops polls as one of the best freeware applications

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

Guys, this is the first time I have installed this free application and pleasantly surprised to see it's ability to do so many tasks.. Personally, I liked the delayed start and Hidden files feature.

And all these features are available to in a software that is just 700KB!!
    Version:v15.9.2008.5
    One for me please, if posible.

Corrine is offline Gold Member

BillP has released an update to his portable tool, renamed, "WinPatrol To Go". See Bits from Bill: WinPatrolToGo for the "Computer guy" or Girl. (Good think he included the "or Girl" part. )

alsiladka is offline Senior Member

Cool!! This goes directly to my Portable Apps collection!! Although the magic of WP lies in letting it patrol the system over time. Either ways, this is going to be installed on all the computers i am supposed to maintain and update

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Just what was needed; a portable WinPatrol - Great!

It isn't only WinPatrol itself (great application that it is) that impresses me. It is the person behind WinPatrol. An example (from the above-linked blog post)
    WinPatrolToGo is FREE. You’re welcome to use WinPatrolToGo as long as you like. Additional information on files can be obtained by upgrading to WinPatrol PLUS. Current WinPatrol PLUS customers may transfer their current PLUS code to WinPatrolToGo and store on their portable drive, no additional charge.
    While other vendors are resorting to pay-per-install, opt-out toolbars, Bill updates his free portable app.

leofelix is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Corrine View Post
    BillP has released an update to his portable tool, renamed, "WinPatrol To Go". See Bits from Bill: WinPatrolToGo for the "Computer guy" or Girl. (Good think he included the "or Girl" part. )

Great news, Just added into my flash stick.

Thank you very much indeed

Let's talk about the features in WinPatrol.

Did you know?

Did you know that last year full support for the identification and removal of keylogging software was added to the free version of WinPatrol? This feature had been included in the Plus version but Bill thought it too important to be a premium feature.

Have you tried?

Delayed Start or ActiveX Control?

I have several programs in Delayed Start -- Adobe Reader, Zune Launcher and EK Status Monitor (monitors the Kodak EasyShare Printer).

Note: When reinstalling (not upgrading) WinPatrol, it works best to remove programs from Delayed Start first.

I also have several objects disabled via ActiveX Control. For example, I don't care for Apple Quick Time and have the ActiveX disabled via WinPatrol.

alsiladka is offline Senior Member

Hey Corrine, thanks for the Delayed Start tip. Had forgotten about it!

And while using WP to add programs to Delayed Start, i came to know of an easier way to do so!! Simply right click the Startup Entries and move that entry to Delayed start. Smooth!!

I would like to add another suggestion here.
    Windows Vista and Windows 7 support Delayed Start for Services too!
    It would be really awesome if even the Services Delayed Start support it added

Thank you, alsiladka. I have passed along both of your suggestions to BillP.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast