Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Contest: Share your Windows 7 story -Win a Windows 7 license

riteshtechie is offline Software Developer

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    A total of around 47 stories posted here and at TWC.

Will close contest tomorrow. Any more want to try their luck at winning the W7 license?
    47 Stories that's great

shiva is offline New Member

IT GOT ME A JOB!

Hi this is my true life experience, I am in fact happy to share this experience with all of you my name is Shiva I live in India , where a core two duo processor , a decent 2000 buck graphic card with 1gb ram and 250 gb hard disk, and a 17 inch crt monitor, 1000 rs cabinet summing it up to 20,000 rs represents a decent/updated computer in my part of the world , many of my friends, relatives still own a Pentium 4 / dual core computer with mercury motherboard which has a built in graphic card , for them a quad core processor like Intel q9660, i7, i5,i3, graphic card like ATI HD 4890 HD 4850 HD 5770 ,GTS 250,GTX260,280 etc. are very alien and height of stupidity for them , most of them like to invest in gold rather than a box that is used to browse, check emails download pirated movies ( even before the move gets released), that is all a computer means to them . When the hardware which people could see with their eyes itself doesnít get its due respect, and then think about the software which they donít even know / realize the use of it, my aunt still believes that the pirated windows xp installed in her computer is genuine and is the dealerís duty to install all software needed to work on it. So from the above description you would have had a visual interpretation of my social background, I will never ever blame them for such behavior here we earn to meet or daily needs, the 75% of our earning is just sufficient to fulfill our daily /basic needs if we look for hi end computers than making the ends meet would just become impossible, so I never regret living in such a society , it is just the way it is meant to be , and I really hope everything will turn green and good even here , there will be more literate , more knowledgeable, technically developed and scientifically advanced society on par to that of developed part of the world. Having said about the society I live now I took 2 years to convince my dad to get a computer for our home , the one good thing I made sure, is that we get a core 2 duo processor and at least xfx 8400 graphic card. When my dad got me this computer I was studying 3rd year of my college. I started asking for the computer once I gave my 12th exams and at last after almost 2 years I successfully convinced my dad and got the computer, at that time I did not know what a pirated software meant the dealer charged 1000 rs for installing xp, office 2003 and few other software required for daily use, like most of the people even I started using computer for downloading songs, movies, to send email and play games, while browsing I used to look at terms like vista, windows 7, office 2007, office 2010 but when I follow those link out of curiosity the price tag mentioned/displayed there would scare me away from there. Days passed and my xp was blocked and the famous pirated tag appeared in the right bottom Conner of my computer screen, when we enquired the dealer he said that it is pirated xp and we should not have switched the windows updates on. This was shocking and we asked him how much a genuine xp and office will, cost us. He said something around 10,000 rs, now my dad started laughing hearing this and sit I got my son computer for 20,000 rs now you are saying it would take few more 10,000 for original software then he asked me to live with the pirated software as he could not do much with it. Then few of my friends who were well-versed with computer briefed me about pirated stuffs then introduced me to another friend who knew everything( he is no one other the Google himself).this was my first step into pirated software now I came involve more and more with this and started learning things . Google teached me a lot, I started installing almost all the software that came through my notice, with it came the virus. then I learned how pirated stuff is not only free but will come with virus also then I learned about internet security and other security software , at this point of time I was very very confident that I was updated in the field of computers. But I just knew to install application, I was ignore of the difference between what an application and an operating system is. I did not know to enter a bios or even what a bios was. One day when I woke up my computer refused work then I took the courage and went to my friendís house and did little research then I came to know that I had to reformat the hard disk in such situation. When I had to install the o.s why not install the latest o.s, at that time the latest o.s was windows seven release candidate. So I downloaded the o.s from internet for almost 2 days with my friendís slow internet. Then we found out how to enter the bios and change boot order to boot from the DVD drive first then we installed the windows seven ,then we found the drivers and installed every thing . Man I cannot believe it, it was so beautiful, how can I describe it, there is no words to tell my happiness , I felt like I have achieved something big, really big. Windows seven was amazing the aero shake aero snap the glass effect of aero the beauty of taskbar the elegance of the start menu with the dusky glass touch. I felt like shouting to the world that windows seven is beautiful, I behaved like a man who has met his first love of his life, the time I spent before the computer increased I started learning more and more new things like office 2010 adobe Photoshop etc. then only I knew only a drop in the ocean then I starting reading may blogs that teaches technology, I am still learning and believe that will learn till I live with the technology going at this incredible pace , now let me tell how windows seven changed my life it was my campus interview day since I was an obedient student in my class my h.o.d asked me to assist with the gentle man mr. amar rao head of recruitment who was to conduct the interview. He was first had to give a speech /presentation on his company to us so he asked me to switch on his laptop and then connect it to the projector, he gave me his laptop bag, it was a new Sony viao laptop, and it was had windows seven home premium pre-installed it. it was a beauty I started working with it , I was very comfortable in handling the office 2007 presentation that he was briefing us he had a keen observation power and noticed the ease at which I handled his laptop . After the presentation. all the students had the interview my turn was 21st so I waited but when my turn came he did not call me he skipped from 20th to 22nd, I was surprised and shocked, I was worried like hell this interview meant a lot to me then he called me at last as the last person to interview and made me a little comfortable since he found out I was tensed from my face. Then he asked few regular question like my hobby, academic achievements etc. the he said that I was selected and said the reason for him to make me wait was that he was really impressed with the ease I handled the laptop and took him through the presentation . as far as he went to other college in our part of town there were few students who struggled to handle, so he had to take care of his presentation himself, and he came in that frame of mind only to our college also. but when I handled it pretty well he taught that he will select me even before the interview only. I was over whelmed, now I got my joining letter .this is how windows seven helped me and changed my life ,it even got me a job thank you windows seven

At present I am using the release candidate , it has started shutting down on timely basis as Microsoft has warned , so I would be really be happy to win this windows seven key , so please count me in this contest, thank you very much
    Regards
    shiva

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Well, I have received replies from all the 3 judges now and I will declare the winners names in a couple of days

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123