View Poll Results: Which Browser(s) do you use regularly?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Internet Explorer (any version)

42 41.58%
  • Firefox

47 46.53%
  • Opera

16 15.84%
  • Safari

3 2.97%
  • Chrome

22 21.78%
  • Maxthon

5 4.95%
  • Other

3 2.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: IE vs The Alternative Browser

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by roraniel View Post
    After using FF exclusively for about 3 years, I have completed my 2 month evaluation of IE8.

I have been converted. Enough said!

Anyone else converted recently?
    Yes me I love IE8 and yet never thought I would

Ganesh is offline Beginner

I think after Internet Explorer 8 there is no choices for other browsers
    I am also using Internet Explorer 8

it is the best IE as the results says and also hav very good functionality for developers.

Tech-X is offline New Member

Default Very late ... but what the heck

I'm an old timer that remembers when Netscape Navigator owned over 95% of the browser "market", they even wanted payment for it in the day. I really didn't like it and so started running IE in its very first iterations and have enjoyed every version as they've progressed. IE8 was great even in early beta, except for an odd registry problem on a 32-bit Vista notebook. It's a charm, for me, on all my 64-bit Windows 7 systems and I'd really hate to see IE come to an end. I have tried pretty much all of the other major offerings and surprisingly liked Safari the best of the bunch (I have a serious Steve Jobs phobia ... ) but no where near enough to make a change.

estra is offline Windows Enthusiast

My Portable Firefox is always with me. Extremely convenient and cannot imagine it any other way. Settings, bookmarks, site login details, extensions, are always there on a USB stick. Everything on my USB stick resides inside a TrueCrypt container, so security is not an issue.

goranilic is offline Beginner

FF is becoming more popular

mikeg is offline New Member

I use IE 90% of the time and Chrome about 10%. This thread started when IE8 was still beta. Now that it's officially released, I think the new features, better compliance to Web standards and speed/stability improvements will help IE maintain, win or win back many fans. Further advantages, such as ClearType and SharePoint integration for the corporate world, come from superior Windows integration inherent in all IE versions.

The one area where IE continues to lag behind it's competitors is in user customization and ease-of-use options. This is where IE continues to leave a significant percentage of users out in the cold looking to FireFox or other alternatives. The enormously popular IE7 Pro add-on went a long way toward mending that gap. But the much anticipated next version, "IE Pro" never materialized and the whole IE7 Pro project appears to be abandoned at this time. In fairness, IE8 does include a couple of the most loved features in IE7 Pro.

What's frustrating is how Microsoft seems to be ignoring the clamour for essential features--even simple things that should be easy to impliment because the basic functionality is already there. Case in point: the option to automatically Reopen Last Browsing Session when the browser starts. IE7 had it, but it was inexplicably removed in IE8. Now users have to manually navigate to and click Reopen Last Browsing Session every single time we open the browser (unless IE8 crashes and automatic crash recovery is enabled).

The basic capabilty to automtically reopen the last browsing session is available in all the major competing browsers. Why is Microsoft insensitive to simple conveniences like this that are very important to users?

arvind_kumar is offline Senior Member

Hats off for IE8 and always vote for it.
    Comparatively too IE8 is fast, secure, reliable.

Agalloch is offline Beginner

My IE always was using to download a firefox, but reading the comment gonna give IE8 another chance.

balaji is offline New Member

firefox .

Gotoma is offline Beginner

Used IE for the longest time and finally switched to Chrome and love it.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast