DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fix, Repair, Tweak and Hack IE with IE Tweaker

leofelix is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by riteshtechie View Post
    There are trusted and reliable tools too to backup registry and create a restore point, but since you are scared of such tools which edit your registry I haven't given link for them.
    calm down please,
    Cithel didn't say he is scared to backup the registry.
    He also explained my same concerns.
    Because the most of user can actually have trouble.
    If you want to give suggestions or programme some software you must think to the users who cannot be experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by riteshtechie View Post

@Leofelix:
    Don't know whats the problem will check that out.
    Ok
    Last edited by leofelix; 28th December 2009 at 23:04.

iMav is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cithel View Post
    If the program does nothing that can harm the computer then why bother? But the program can harm the system (not saying it will, just that it can) since it is in fact changing settings in the registry, right?
    Again, same question, do you have any software installed on your PC, because by your logic you shouldn't have anything installed on your PC other than Windows.

Quote Originally Posted by iMav View Post
    Again, same question, do you have any software installed on your PC, because by your logic you shouldn't have anything installed on your PC other than Windows.
    sorry for intrusion

from the read me text included

IE Tweaker is a freebie that will help to fix various issues with Internet Explorer. It has also a great number of fixes/tweaks that will help you to enable/disable any options with ease and without getting in to registry. IE Tweaker will be a great utility for those, who don't want to play with the Windows registry.
    The point is different: this software actually modifies the registry, important and critical registry areas.
    Since it is not a security software (like an antivirus or a firewall) it acts like a spyware/adware even if it seems to be clean.
    Moreover: the most of changes can be done manually without modifying the registry, I mean
    Last edited by leofelix; 28th December 2009 at 19:00. Reason: spelling

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

IE Tweaker has been authored by Raghu who was an MVP till last year and who runs IETips.net. It has been developed by ritesh.

Like UWT or FixWin, it too, when required, modifies the registry. While most of these can be done manually too, utilities like these help the layman tweak or fix issues easily.

Im afraid I have to differ! It cannot be compared to adware. I have to completely disagree on that!

Incidentally, I too always recommend creating a system restore point first before making any changes to the system. In fact its button is prominently placed on both UWT and FixWin.

The author has been kind enough to credit me for the inputs I gave him for this tool in the About section, and rest assured that I would now be associated with any program which is not clean.

I see, since it is still in beta and buggy I cannot reccomend anyone to use this program in a working environment even because the most of changes can be done manually via Internet Explorer itself and nobody can afford to compromise his own system.

I didn't say it is spyware but that it acts like a spyware

This is only my point of view, hopefully the developer will provide a stable version next time

[EDIT to say] I would like to know what Corrine thinks, of course
    Last edited by leofelix; 29th December 2009 at 01:40.

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

I have tested the IE tweaker beta on my work PC and it works fine, I tried a lot of tweaks but nothing wrong happened with my system......

@Leo: switch IE8 to default browser and try again, it may help in knowing the real issues...

Quote Originally Posted by nitinagarwal1988 View Post
    @Leo: switch IE8 to default browser and try again, it may help in knowing the real issues...
    no way, thank you
    There is no reason to set IE as default browser.
    Last edited by leofelix; 28th December 2009 at 20:07.

Quote Originally Posted by leofelix View Post
    sorry for intrusion

from the read me text included

The point is different: this software actually modifies the registry, important and critical registry areas.
    Since it is not a security software (like an antivirus or a firewall) it acts like a spyware/adware even if it seems to be clean.
    Moreover: the most of changes can be done manually without modifying the registry, I mean
    I'm sorry to say but what you've said is what on the Inter tubes referred to as FUD.

Quote Originally Posted by iMav View Post
    I'm sorry to say but what you've said is what on the Inter tubes referred to as FUD.
    I beg your pardon, would you please elaborate?

Possibly in plain simple english, thank you

[EDIT to add] I really hope you do not mean this
    Last edited by leofelix; 28th December 2009 at 20:51.

Quote Originally Posted by leofelix View Post
    Yep. That's it. The first one right up there.
    Last edited by leofelix; 28th December 2009 at 21:26.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast