DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fix, Repair, Tweak and Hack IE with IE Tweaker

leofelix is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by iMav View Post
    Yep. That's it. The first one right up there.

Thank you for your reply.
    I'm sorry to say that your statement is inappropriate, in my opinion.

have a nice time

Last edited by leofelix; 29th December 2009 at 03:20.

rags is offline New Member

Hi All,

I've gone through the entire thread and would like to highlight few things:

1. An adware is one which will be installed without user consent and will get Ads based on the data/keywords that the user uses.

2. A spyware is one who makes changes to the system without your consent and it may harm the PC and also capture your personal details.

However, any tweaker (tweaking utility) makes the changes only to a specific registry entry and after you specifically ask for it to do so.

The other reason why we have recommend to have a registry backup/restore point is to be on the safer side and incase if you feel that changes affected to the system are not as expected and you can restore the system to a previous good know restore point.

Infact MS recommends to backup the registry in the Knowledge base articles, where a registry modification is required. It is also the same with other tweaking utilities and not only with IE Tweaker.

We further appreciate your suggestions in making this tool the best and ultimate for IE tweaking. Please open up your views in a more positive way, so that it will help all the users. We appreciate for all the views and request you to accept our sincere thanks regarding the same.

Thanks and have a tranquil week!!

Rgds,
    Raghu
    Admin - IETips
    Last edited by rags; 29th December 2009 at 04:23. Reason: added sign

Cithel is offline Senior Member

@ riteshtechie

Sorry for having an opinion. I'll make sure not to have one on any of your threads. Hopefully that will eliminate the need for you to have your temper tantrums and insult other users.

No I have no idea how the registry works. That wasn't on any of the tests that I took for my MCSE on Windows 2000 or the test to update it to the MCSE 2003 or the additional tests that I took for the MCDBA. No idea how any of this stuff works. I have never worked in Enterprise Class Data Centers, nor have I been doing this work for over 15 years.

@ iMav.
    I didn't say not to do backups or to set system restore points, my point was and is that doing it every 5 minutes is a bad idea.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

But hey that's all cool, I'm only here to try to help others. Since you guys know it so much better than the rest of us do I'll leave you to it, best of luck to you all.

riteshtechie is offline Software Developer

@HappyAndyK: Thanks for clearing out that its not an ad-ware or spyware

Quote Originally Posted by leofelix View Post
    I see, since it is still in beta and buggy

I didn't say it is spyware but that it acts like a spyware
    First its not in Beta and second its not buggy I haven't received any complaint regarding it.
    And for information it has been tested out by a number of beta testers and MVP's too in case any one has doubt about its buggy nature. I would recommend you to please check that your OS have .NET Framework 3.5 or not.

Your feedback is most welcome, if it still didn't work for you reply with error generated or PSR report.

and ohh! Also may I know what made you think its an spyware...

Quote Originally Posted by Cithel View Post
    @ riteshtechie

Sorry for having an opinion. I'll make sure not to have one on any of your threads.
    Cithel thanks for this.
    Last edited by riteshtechie; 29th December 2009 at 11:09.

Max_Payne is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cithel
    I didn't say not to do backups or to set system restore points, my point was and is that doing it every 5 minutes is a bad idea.
    If you want a better light solution than typical restore points, ERUNT is the best thing (Some ways to do ERUNT *with* UAC enabled).

Of course some users could want an automatic internal backup/restore feature, to maintain their own customized settings without efforts.

My Thought.
    Last edited by Max_Payne; 29th December 2009 at 11:01.

StrayCat is offline Senior Member

Smile

You're right about that Max_Payne.

Or take a look over here
    Saved my but many a times.LOL
    Or maybe Rites can put in a feature like 'backup registry' or an 'Undo' tab...

@Cithel
    Don't quit on us now.We value your contributions and your opinion.
    So please stick with us,ok?

riteshtechie is offline Software Developer

Quote Originally Posted by StrayCat View Post
    Or maybe Rites can put in a feature like 'backup registry' or an 'Undo' tab...
    StrayCat I tried to add that option but I didn't figure it out how to do that, but will surely add this in v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by riteshtechie View Post
    First its not in Beta and second its not buggy I haven't received any complaint regarding it.
    And for information it has been tested out by a number of beta testers and MVP's too in case any one has doubt about its buggy nature. I would recommend you to please check that your OS have .NET Framework 3.5 or not.

Your feedback is most welcome, if it still didn't work for you reply with error generated or PSR report.

and ohh! Also may I know what made you think its an spyware...
    I never said it is spyware, I said it acts like a spyware: it is different.

According to a-squared antimalware Malware IDS This software acts like a backdoor

I had demonstrated that this software doesn't work on my machines, it means it is buggy.
    And you only had 3 beta testers.

As a consequence I cannot considerate this program as a stable version.

[EDIT to add] My PC is not infected, I think some people should understand the difference between a "behavior.backdoor" and a real backdoor.
    If someone doesn't want to understand I can add a translation: Ms feedback has been allowed by the rules (cause is not malware), firefox was only prevented to reach some adv/phishing websites, while this program cannot be recognized and actually acts like a spyware/backdoor
    Last edited by leofelix; 30th December 2009 at 02:28. Reason: spelling

rags is offline New Member

Hi Leofelix,

Thanks for highlighting. Your feedback really gives us avenues to make our utility more reliable, and helpful to the users. Even though I never used the EMSI software that you have used, I will try to get some information on how it is classifying it as a behavior.backdoor.

Also, I would like to know if you can help us in testing the next releases of the IE Tweaker. Just want to make sure that we cover every aspect in a hawks eye.

Rgds,
    Raghu
    Admin - IETips

You are very welcome Rags

It is a honour for me and TheWindowsClub to see you here.
    I'm sure it is not malware of course, since I joined the a-squared network I sent them the sample and I told them it is not a backdoor.

Il send you some feedback to your website when possible.

Regards
    Last edited by leofelix; 30th December 2009 at 16:16.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast