Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Internet Explorere does not remember passwords or credentials

muddleglum is offline New Member

Default weird behavior with passwords

I'm a tester for my company and I use a number of browsers to test our product. IE9 is a problem because the password is sometimes remembered, and sometimes not. It is remembered if I need to re-authenticate after 20 minutes of non-use, but if the session ends from 480 minutes of non-use, or I "log out" and open in another tab, the password is forgotten.

That might be a vital piece of info -- if I log out and log back in the same tab, it works, but if I log out and log in to a new tab, I'm out of the game.

The sad thing about this is that the "website" is localhost. I do not use IE9 for anything else. Meanwhile, this behavior doesn't make me want to use IE9 at all.

Sorry, I just dbl-checked and kicked myself. This isn't RTM as I thought. I updated it and will check it out. So far, though, the behavior seems different.
    Last edited by muddleglum; 23rd March 2011 at 16:27. Reason: duh!

muddleglum is offline New Member

Behaves much the same, though I'll have to leave it overnight for more checks.

One of the things that is weird is that when I log out and start a new tab, I have to re-type everything, but, the password manager does not ask me if I want to save. If I log out and log in that same tab, it acts as if the password has been saved, which is true, though in an earlier tab. So IE9 programming has some loose booleans somewhere. As a developer myself, I can feel their pain.

japp is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by L.W View Post
    Well, did a reformat\reinstall of Windows 7 to switch to 64Bit and after installing Internet Explorer 9 RTM, it refuses to save passwords! So Japp I retract my comment about it being website issues. Definately an IE9 issue.

Doesn't matter what settings are chosen, what sites are visited............. no prompts to save, no nothing.

Anyone else having this issue with IE9 RTM?
    Sorry you also got the same problem.

davehc is offline Beginner

1. In Tools - Internet options - General, have a look at the item "Browsing history". If it is ticked you can untick it,.Otherwise , leave it ticked but click "delete" and untick the item for Passwords."

2. Under Tools - Internet Options" - Advanced. Scroll down to the item "Empty Temporary internet..etc on exit" Untick it.

davehc is offline Beginner

Look at the times, I was probably still writing whemn you posted. Apologies for being slow!

japp is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by L.W View Post
    Japp: The reason it doesn't save passwords is if you have the checkbox checked that says Delete Browsing History on Exit.
    I just checked that setting now that I have a clean install of W7 (never gonna use a ny registry cleaners again) and it was unchecked. Are you sure that setting is the culprit?
    Well, anyway I'm very pleased using LastPass as it works flawlessly with the 3 browsers I'm using so I don't need a password manager for each one.

lcrago is offline New Member

Exclamation Help!!!!!

As of yesterday afternoon, my IE 9 will not remember my passwords even though it is set up in Internet Options to do so.

This is very frustrating to log in every time on my home computer especially when you are checking multiple things several times a day.

Any help would be appreciated.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

lcrago is offline New Member

Exclamation IE9 Not remember passwords

NO!!!!! it didn't help....that's why I posted it.

chrisbear8 is offline New Member

I have a problem with IE9 also: IE9 Windows 7 Home Version. I accidently clicked NO now I cannot get on my Yahoo page. Wanted to try the method first mentioned but I do not have a storage 2. What do I do? and how can I fix this? Help Please..

I don't get a user name at all I have to type it in each time. It is only the yahoo page. I acceidently clicked no on save password. It asks if I want to save password but won't let me. Soon as I close explorer and reopen I have to sign in agian. When I sign in it does not take me to my custom home page. But I can sign in. Does not recall the password or my personal yahoo..
    Also I can go on another computer and log right into the account. No problem. I tried another yahoo account to see if it would save but it would not save that one either. All other pages no problem.
    HELP!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast