DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: 3 versions of windows 7

justinforasec is offline New Member

Question 3 versions of windows 7

It was announced that microsoft will be making just 3 versions of windows 7, I read the front page of this website and the source. I'm just a little unclear tho as to whether they are talking about the beta or the final? I assume it's the final, but on microsoft's websites they all say only the 'ultimate version' of windows 7 will be available for the beta testing, so it's a little confusing. Is the ultimate the consumer version? enterprise? netbook (probably not)?

Thanks,
    Justin

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

YES read it on WVC home page.But at this point of time I'm worried about the BETA download

iMav is offline Gold Member

It's good to have only 3 editions.

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

Microsoft has confirmed to CNET that it will be providing a version of Windows 7 specifically developed for netbooks and sub-notebook computers, as well as at least one version for consumers, and one for enterprise users.

seti is offline Member

So does that mean that it's going to be like xp? with home and professional only, which means that those of us with Vista Ultimate might have to downgrade or is there going to be two choices for the "non-professional" and one professional user. I hope not because I really love the choice in Vista

justinforasec is offline New Member

I think alot of people didn't like the choices, it might have been too confusing for the average person or when they saw ultimate and saw the price tag they might have thought they'd miss out on features they never would have used anyways. Perhaps instead of pre-bundling, microsoft will wize up and sell each feature online. you pick and choose what you want, when you want.

-Justin