DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Office Word 2007 not working

mohit is offline New Member

Question Office Word 2007 not working

i hav vaio notebook with core 2 duo 2.1, 2 GB , 200 GB hard disk , ati graphics .
    i hav recently upgraded vista to win7 beta and reistall office 2007 with all latest updates but whenever i try to open any word document it crashes and system restarts immediately .this happens only in case of word documents .i hav also tried troubleshooting and repairing but with no sucess.plz tell me any other way to correct it ....

roraniel is offline Gold Member

I am running W7 and Office 2007 just fine with no issues with word.

It sounds like a corrupt office install. I suggest you try a new clean install of office 2007.

Use Revo uninstaller to uninstall office and make sure you remove the left over registry keys and files from the office install and then try re-installing office.

Pankaj is offline Senior Member

Yes even i think you should re-install office 2007. try that see first.

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by mohit View Post
    i hav vaio notebook with core 2 duo 2.1, 2 GB , 200 GB hard disk , ati graphics .
    i hav recently upgraded vista to win7 beta and reistall office 2007 with all latest updates but whenever i try to open any word document it crashes and system restarts immediately .this happens only in case of word documents .i hav also tried troubleshooting and repairing but with no sucess.plz tell me any other way to correct it ....
    Firstly welcome to the forum. Did you upgrade vista to 7 or install on a different partion as advised? If your word sin't working then like the others I think it is corrupted. The easist way to check this would be to download another copy of the one you have from the Office web site and if that works then you know that your copy is corrupted.