DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IE8 faster than Firefox and Chrome - Microsoft Study.

seti is offline Member

I posted a speed test that I performed in the what is your favorite browser not here. In that simple test IE8 came out tops but 1/2 half a second

Enigma is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Swiftman View Post
    Microsoft, if you wanted to impress someone, compare IE 8 Beta with browsers in it's own class (the Dev version of Chrome, Minefield, and Safari 4).
    Don't compare your UPCOMING web browser with other people's CURRENT ones.
    Also, I didn't see any sites with Java..... I wonder why.....
    ROFL!!

Nice reply dude !!

leofelix is offline Member

by the way: speaking about Javascript rendering

Safari 4 rivals Google Chrome in JavaScript race

The Swiftman is offline Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    ROFL!!

Nice reply dude !!
    Thanks.
    But seriously, Microsoft is comparing it's cutting edge browser with other people's old news. The conclusion, Microsoft is still behind everyone else. Microsoft is just now getting the tech in their browser that others have had for a while now (different processes for different tabs, ect.). Microsoft needs to cut the bloat, speed it up, and get something that makes them different (Firefox- Extensions, Chrome- Usability & Speed, Safari- , IE- )

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

Smile New IE Faster Than Firefox, Chrome, Microsoft Says

Microsoft Corp. says that its own speed tests prove Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) is faster than either Firefox or Chrome.

In a report released last week, Microsoft spelled out how it tests browsers in-house, and again stressed that it doesn't buy the idea that benchmarks -such as those that score JavaScript performance - accurately compare the players.

"These benchmarks necessarily characterize only a narrow set of the browser functions in a very constrained way," Microsoft's report said. "End users, however, do not operate in a controlled environment."

Read full news | PC World

leofelix is offline Member

I would underline this paraghaph:

With clickjacking, the user thinks he or she is clicking the visible buttons, while actually performing actions on a hidden page. The danger of clickjacking is that clicking on a hidden Web element can result in a transaction that you didn't want. IE8 will detect this and show an error screen saying that the content from a certain host is being used by somebody else.
    Adds Nash: "For example, if someone tries to embed your bank's Web site into another Web page, IE8 will recognize that your bank's Web content is part of a clickjacked page and shut it down."

Good, even if Firefox users could install "no script" add on from time immemorial in order to fight clickjacking

alsiladka is offline Senior Member

This has already been posted on the forums.

Though as MS says, End Users don't operate in a controlled environment.

Try out this browser benchmarking tool from Futuremark - Peacekeeper - The Browser Benchmark by Futuremark Corporation

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by alsiladka View Post
    This has already been posted on the forums.

Though as MS says, End Users don't operate in a controlled environment.

Try out this browser benchmarking tool from Futuremark - Peacekeeper - The Browser Benchmark by Futuremark Corporation
    Does anyone else think like me that this is getting silly now, like two kids in the playground at school arguing what is better/faster/whatever. Who really care all we want is one that works and that is all

arw
    arw is offline Beginner

ty, but for me safari is faster than other browsers that i have used

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12