DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Word 2007 problem!! Need help!!

nith9 is offline New Member

Exclamation Word 2007 problem!! Need help!!

Hi. I useMicrosoft Office 2007 for a long time now. But one day I opened up Office and it took like 6min Just to show up the writing page!

THIS showed up in 6 min.

And Ive tried everything baut it still takes long time!
    ALL THE OTHER OFFICE PROGRAMS ARE RUNNING FINE. JUST TAKES 2SEK TO LOAD UP POWERPOINT. So it is just the word who has problems.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeease help!! I will be really thankful
    Last edited by nith9; 4th April 2009 at 13:26.

seti is offline Member

It sounds as if it is corrupted all you need to do is to reinstall it and repair the installation if you can. If you can not then providing that you have saved all of your work elsewhere on your pc you will have no problems accessing them.

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

if this happens again and again then, repair the word from program and features-->>Ms office-->>change. or once try clearing all your temproary files and run disk cleanup also...or if you have tune up utilities than it have a option to repair executables if they are not working properly....
    1.open tuneup, then click on solve problems....

2.check the highlighted option and perform a repair....

I've tried to find the tune up software and I cant find it. And i've tried to repair the software, but it still wont work, any ideas?[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Update: I've downloaded the software and I've done the reair thing. But it still don't work.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Just as a test, run winword.exe /a and see if it still takes time or loads fast. This loads Word without its addons.

In any case, looks like you may have to repair your word installation.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Go to "Word Options" > Save > uncheck the box in front of "Save Autorecover Information ..."

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

Follow the Link for another solution. | MS Office takes long time to open

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

whs : what happens when you do that ? I dont use Office much actually...

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    What you actually do is disable the automatic backups (default set at 10 min, I believe). Word is known to get hung up in the backup routine (actually I think it is the recovery portion). The suggestion I made has helped in similar cases of very slow show-ups. No guarantee though that it helps in this case.

Update: I just remembered this thread http://www.howtogeek.com/forum/topic...slow?replies=4 where it had helped someone with a similar problem. It should also be said, that there is a Word file that is corrupted. It can be fixed by setting it to xxx.old and then a reboot. Problem is that I do not remember the name of that file. Maybe another member remembers. That's the reason I suggested the "brutal" method.
    Last edited by whs; 4th April 2009 at 19:29.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    Still slow. But one day I went to safety modus in vista. And I opened up word and it went much faster then! So im tring to find out what in my com. that make it slow down.

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    What you actually do is disable the automatic backups (default set at 10 min, I believe). Word is known to get hung up in the backup routine (actually I think it is the recovery portion). The suggestion I made has helped in similar cases of very slow show-ups. No guarantee though that it helps in this case.

Update: I just remembered this thread [Solved] Word upload very slow How-To Geek Forums where it had helped someone with a similar problem. It should also be said, that there is a Word file that is corrupted. It can be fixed by setting it to xxx.old and then a reboot. Problem is that I do not remember the name of that file. Maybe another member remembers. That's the reason I suggested the "brutal" method.
    Hi. I went to the tread and did what it sayed. Then I rebooted the comp. When I opened word up again it sayed something about safetymodus. Then it opened in safetymodus and then I clicked on x and it starterd agin slow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast