DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Exclusive: Windows 7 RC coming on 5th May

ankur is offline Microsoft MVP

Default Exclusive: Windows 7 RC coming on 5th May

According to the Microsoft partner site,Windows 7 RC would be available on 5th May.Adding to it the site reads that Windows 7 RC is now available on MSDN and TechNet.I just checked the TechNet but it wasn’t able till yet so we could expect it within the next couple of hours.

Here is what the Microsoft partner site reads

We are pleased to announce that Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) is available. Windows 7 RC is the prerelease version of Windows 7. Since this is not the final release, your PC will gather and send information to Microsoft engineers to help them check the fixes and changes made based on testing of Windows 7 Beta.

Test-drive Windows 7 RC today to see for yourself—and to show your colleagues and customers—how Windows 7 delivers improved management, security, reliability, and performance.

Download Windows 7 RC

Partners: If you have a subscription to MSDN or TechNet, you can download Windows 7 RC now. Otherwise, you can download Windows 7 RC starting May 5, 2009.

Download Windows 7 RC

I would keep you updated about the same.

Source- win7.in

knightrider™ is offline Gold Member

Just read it in windows7center thanks

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Maybe I am missing something, but I did not see the RC on Technet - and I do have a Technet subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    Maybe I am missing something, but I did not see the RC on Technet - and I do have a Technet subscription.
    Probably would be available after sometime,still I doubt it to be RC,acording to some of the sites the RC build would be 7100,but currently the latest build compiled is 708X probably 7088 as of today,so I think it to be RC escrow,and going by some calculations Windows 7 build 7100 would be compiled near 5th or 6th May

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Even I dont see it on Technet.

It appears that the download will not be available on MSDN or Technet for a while as mentioned here.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    Even I dont see it on Technet.

It appears that the download will not be available on MSDN or Technet for a while as mentioned here.
    I doubt what they have written.Probably it may not be available to us on Technet and MSDN but to those who have signed for Microsoft partner .Here is what I got from neowin

Information from Microsoft Online Concierge Chat:

Currently the Windows 7 RC has not been available through the TechNet subscription yet, only the Microsoft OEM partners such as Dell, Siemens are taking part in the RC's this period of test.

And still if the page was published by Mistake,atleast it confirms the date .

And if it has been released to Microsoft OEM partners,we could expect the leak pretty soon
    Last edited by ankur; 18th April 2009 at 19:08.

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

Cool the RC official release is near, thanks for the info ankur....

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

I can't wait. Any idea about RC build number?

Quote Originally Posted by tweakwindows View Post
    I can't wait. Any idea about RC build number?
    The RC build which would be released to the public would be build 7100,and their has been some news that the build recently released to the Microsoft partners is build 7082 whose screenshots have already been leaked on the net,and probably this would be the one which would be available as RC escrow build