Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 Build 7127 leaked to torrents

knightrider™ is offline Gold Member

Default Windows 7 Build 7127 leaked to torrents

Its not even a month when the Rc was made public to users,one more build of Windows 7 leaked on internet.The build is Windows 7 build 7127.This new build 7127 is a post RC build. Its the second RTM branch build to leak.The build string is 7127.0.090507-1820. It means the build was compiled on 7th May 2009.I donno how these builds get leaked or is it done by purpose.The builds was given to some Microsoft Connect testers.

I haven’t downloaded it as i feel there arent any much changes than the Rc.Some bugs and errors may be fixed,i am not sure.I prefer not to download from torrent sites as Microsoft warned that the builds from torrent might be infected with Trojan and malwares.

Read the rest

roraniel is offline Gold Member

Default Article: Pirated Windows 7 RC builds botnet

Dated May 14, 2009

A pirated version of Windows 7 Release Candidate infected with a Trojan horse has created a botnet with tens of thousands of bots under its control, according to researchers at security firm Damballa.

The software, which first appeared on April 24, spread as quickly as several hundred new bots per hour, and controlled roughly 27,000 bots by the time Damballa took over the network's command and control server on May 10, the firm said Tuesday.

The pirated software was spread via popular piracy sites and online forums, Damballa said.

The software is primarily designed to download and install other malicious packages under a "pay-per-install" scheme, under which the botmasters are paid based on the number of other pieces of malware they cause to be installed, Damballa said.

Read More Here: Pirated Windows 7 RC builds botnet | The Download Blog - Download.com
    Last edited by roraniel; 16th May 2009 at 13:02.

Choto Cheeta is offline Trusted Member

Some one also leaked Office 2010..

Microsoft Office 2010 Technical Preview leaks

ankur is offline Microsoft MVP

And even if you can't stop yourself from downloading the leaked versions do check the MD5 hash before installing it.You can use this utility to verify it http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/...-Checker.shtml

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

yeah i too read that news that pirated versions of W7 are infected from trojans and malwares at ZDNet, i only use the RC till the final build releases...no leaked build this time...thanks for the info....

seti is offline Member

It is never safe to trust anything that does not come directly from MS these days or you are asking for trouble. The same goes with every other software, if it is an offiical release then forget it unless you want real problems.

by the way, the leaked Office 2010 seems to show that it is meant to take advantage of Windows 7 via integrated features...

Office 2010 Technical Preview Leak Shows Windows 7 Integration - Robert McLaws: Windows Vista Edition

leofelix is offline Member

in relation to the malware distributed with pirated version of Windows 7 I found this article which I think may be interesting

Cybercriminals Launch Tainted Windows 7 RC| Malware Blog | Trend Micro

^^^

How about the Office 2010 Technical preview this is also available for download under many P2P network !!!

Any news about infection via it ??

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

^you are using beta of MS Office 2010....please share about the new changes you'll come to know about this version of office in a new thread, your work will be greatly appreciated....thanks...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast