DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Windows 8 & Windows 9 Kernels to Support 128-bit Architecture?

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Exclamation Windows 8 & Windows 9 Kernels to Support 128-bit Architecture?

"There was a time when Microsoft’s focus with the Windows 7 release was to support 64-bit only. Now, that focus has been pushed forward to Windows 8. Whether or not the Windows 8 release will see support for 64-bit only is yet to be determined, but I’ve stumbled upon a rather eye-opening Microsoft Research project: 128-bit architecture compatibility with the Windows 8 and Windows 9 kernel.

Naturally, 128-bit is the next step up from 64-bit and though it had to happen at some point, I’m surprised to see this surface so soon (and when I say, “surface,” I mean, “go public”).

Robert Morgan, Senior Research and Development at Microsoft, has posted the following bit of experience on his LinkedIn profile:

Experience
    Senior Research & Development
    Microsoft
    Public Company; MSFT; Computer Software industry

January 2002 – Present (7 years 10 months)

Working in high security department for research and development involving strategic planning for medium and longterm projects. Research & Development projects including 128bit architecture compatibility with the Windows 8 kernel and Windows 9 project plan. Forming relationships with major partners: Intel, AMD, HP and IBM.
    So, not only is Microsoft Research on top of this, but it appears they are forming relationships with some heavy-hitters, namely Intel, AMD, HP and IBM."

More @ EXCLUSIVE: Windows 8 and Windows 9 Kernels to Support 128-bit Architecture?

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

Good move. So, Windows 8 will ship with 64 & 128-bit flavors.

seti is offline Member

I was reading about this earlier and wondering if this is the signal for the end of 32bit computing now,

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

that is an awesome futuristic thinking of Microsoft ....
    in btw : do 128bit architecture supported processors are developed yet or in development process ??

leofelix is offline Member

I think that Virus makers will have a very hard time with 128 bit Windows OS

rkonit is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by leofelix View Post
    I think that Virus makers will have a very hard time with 128 bit Windows OS
    I don't think...if 128 app could be coded easily, coding virus program won't be difficult job.

IMO Virus is also well written program to tease users.