DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: How to disable Context Menu in Word 2007 ?

parms12 is offline New Member

Default How to disable Context Menu in Word 2007 ?

My context menu constantly pops up everywhere making it impossible to type anything consistently without having to press esc to exit the context menu and allowing me to type again.

Very frustrating when it comes to writing papers..i see that you can disable it for explorer but can it be disabled for word?

Any help is appreciated as i am a complete newb when it comes to any inner workings of software.

riteshtechie is offline Software Developer

Context Menu pop up automatically?

Are you talking about auto complete (inlellisense)?

seti is offline Member

I have never come across this problem and as my friend says if you can supply more detail we might be able to help.

the context menu just pops up randomly (every few seconds,or pretty much every second when it gets bad) as if i have pressed the right click button, but i havent. It is the same as if you were typing and accidentally hit the right button and it prevents you from typing more while the menu is still up til you click out of it. I have taken off the key, cleaned it and still nothing. I was able to disable it on the desktop but not when I am in word where it matters most.

riteshtechie is offline Software Developer

check if a macro is running which automatically send key press event of context menu button of the keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by riteshtechie View Post
    check if a macro is running which automatically send key press event of context menu button of the keyboard
    how do i do that?