Thread: Windows 7 ROI (Return on Investment) Tool

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

Thumbs up Windows 7 ROI (Return on Investment) Tool

Here is an interesting tool (especially for large companies) that helps you know how much money your company could save moving to Windows 7!

The Windows 7 Return on Investment (ROI) Tool, powered by Alinean, can help you evaluate your current PC total cost of ownership (TCO) and identify the potential benefits of deploying the Windows 7 operating system to help lower costs, improve service levels, and increase productivity.

This new tool can quantify the tangible value of Windows 7, estimate migration costs, and calculate the financial metrics necessary for your a project review and approval.

Windows 7 ROI Calc Via Windowsteamblog

seti is offline Member

Thanks for the information a very useful tool indeed

riteshtechie is offline Software Developer

Microsoft is saying this from the day they have launched 7 that Windows 7 will surely reduce power cost in long run and refresh rate too. And now they have created a tool for it NICE huh.

Cithel is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by riteshtechie View Post
    Microsoft is saying this from the day they have launched 7 that Windows 7 will surely reduce power cost in long run and refresh rate too. And now they have created a tool for it NICE huh.
    Miscrosoft has said the same thing about every version of Windows since 3.1. Not that they were wrong to say it but it is the standard line. Not sure what you mean by refresh rate (my LCD is running at 60hz no matter what OS I run )

The first Windows ROI tool that I remember using was for Windows 2000. The tool is a good starting point but it is inherently biased in favor of upgrading to the latest version of windows. Again, not that they are wrong but you need to look at several sources of information before making a significant purchasing decision.

Thanks for the post tweakwindows, I hadn't seen this yet.
    Last edited by Cithel; 22nd December 2009 at 21:33.

riteshtechie is offline Software Developer

In a company Refresh Rate is concerned with Hardware Refresh ie new Hardware purchases etc

Cithel is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by riteshtechie View Post
    In a company Refresh Rate is concerned with Hardware Refresh ie new Hardware purchases etc
    Interesting, I've always heard it referred to as the burn rate of our quarterly or yearly capital assets budget. Thanks for clearing that up.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Thanks for posting, tweakwindows.