DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Windows Media Center will not display my photos

Powermax is offline New Member

Default Windows Media Center will not display my photos

Windows Media Center will not display my photos. I tried to re-setup my album and it shows my folders but no photos in them. I can view my photos in all other viewers

all my photos are in .jpeg format, I upload my photos onto many internet sites and on my Windows live.com page, I can also view them with Windows Live Photo Gallery, I use Adobe Photoshop 7 to edit and save my photos in .jpeg format, I can view them in Picasa, PhotoStudio, ZoomBrowers EX etc. I can move my photos to one of my other computers and email my photos and they can be viewed. I did open one of my photos in Photoshop and saved it to a folder on my desk top in .jpeg and .bmp and it will not display. I did sort my folder by date, and check to see that the show hidden files is checked. I know I'm missing somthing but still nothing.

LeeW is offline Gold Member

I had this happen awhile back and it was an easy fix on mine. Saying you use Photoshop, gives me the impression that Photoshop is the culprit. I couldn't remember exactly but I googled it and found it
    This is taken from another forum here

Run REGEDIT from the Start/Run dialog.
    Expand HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, scroll down to JPG and JPEG entries.
    Click on JPG or JPEG entry - on the right should be an entry for
    PerceivedType.
    That entry should say "image".
    If it's not there, add it by right-clicking on JPG or JPEG and selecting
    New/String Value.
    Enter "PerceivedType", then press Enter.
    Double-click on PerceivedType, then in the dialog enter "image".

Make sure you check both JPG and JPEG - you may need to fix both.

Easy words
    Click Start Menu-Run, Type Regedit, under the key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
    scroll till you find the key named
    .jpeg and also .jpg
    click the key, you will see on your left
    Content Type and Percieved Type
    make sure Content Type says Image/Jpeg
    make sure Percieved Type says Image
    if they say something else double click them and change them to the correct values
    if values don't exist click Edit at top of Regedit, choose New-String Value
    name them correctly and enter the values

Hope this helps
    Lee

Thumbs up Helped

Thanks, Lee.

Does that mean Photo Shop can't be used?

do you have any idea why the picture control buttons on the bottom of the screen don't work? The speaker and volume work fine.

Bob.

Na, you can use Photoshop just fine, What happens is if you have Photoshop set for default for viewing(which is default setting when you install Photoshop) Media Center has trouble with it. Problem is even if you right-click an image and set it back to default, it still won't fix the problem, so setting it back to default in registry so far is the easiest so far

do you have any idea why the picture control buttons on the bottom of the screen don't work? The speaker and volume work fine.
    On this I'm not exactly sure what you meen. If your meening in Media Center, not exactly sure, only time I ever use MC is to connect to my XBox to watch movies. If you can, take a screenshot of it and post it on here. If I can't help, I'm sure someone has an idea.

Default buttons

Sorry for the delay, I had to leave for a while.
    The controls that don't work are on the lower right of the screen.
    I can't find a way to post the picture.

Bob

I'm not sure. I haven't run into this before. I have had them vanish but never show but not be accessible. I'd suggest starting a new topic for that. That way you might can get some help quicker on it