Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which is better PHP or ASP ?

Carlow is offline Beginner

Hi

Thank you for your valuable thought, We are a web developer , using DCS.NET for web development since 6years , these days some of our friends tell us about php and its capabilities here, any boady know both DCS.NET and php and knows the advanatages of wach one , and the scope for each one .

Thanks
    Carlow Olson

jaysonkurt is offline Beginner

since I only know PHP, it will PHP for me.

lingmaaki is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by kunu View Post
    Hello

I am planning to develop a website and need to know which is best platform to choose between PHP and ASP ?

as i have learnt till now most say PHP (they say its secure, safe, fast etc.)

Lets assume the website would have 5 million users daily who will interact with each other .....

In that case which platform is best to choose between?
    your valuable suggestion needed.

Thanks
    Now a days PHP is using more people than ASP.Net. It depends on your application size and usage. If you have a high end traffic website it is better use PHP . If you have a middle size website better is asp.net . Becasue you can have two choice of language in Asp.net that is you can use C# csharp.net-informations.com and vb.net in asp.net development. The advantage is that you can use these two languages for desktop development also. Other advantage is that , Microsoft provide a very good developing environment for asp.net that is Visual Studio. You can get things from one point , that is an added advantage, especially if you are a beginner.

LIng.

DominicW is offline Beginner

My two cents would be APS.NET

ionamartin is offline New Member

PHP is open source server side scripting language.It is easy to learn.The webpage is more secure
    and fast.PHP is better to design the website.

ionamartin is offline New Member

PHP is best. PHP is a open source scripting languge.This language is easy to learn.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12