In Word 2013 I am wanting to seek guidance on the procedure of creating a particular table style.
I am familiar only with 2 methods of creating tables;
1 (displaying the ruler then) creating little black tabs and;
2 Going to the Insert tab, and use the Table option.
The table I still have no idea how to create is the type where the tabs (on the ruler) appear to be little grey boxes and when you hover the mouse over any box, the pointer turns into a double-sided arrow.

The other thing Iím wanting to discover is whether itís possible to delete these boxes?