DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Does my Word 2013 have gremlins?

  1. #1
    Robko is offline Windows Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Does my Word 2013 have gremlins?

    Hi all

    I'm wanting to type a registered trademark symbol (uppercase R in a circle) into a Word 2013 document which can be achieved by the keyboard combination Alt+Ctrl+R (according to online sources). Whenever I try to achieve this, the UAC/HP recovery Manager Dialogue box appears.
    I am aware that this symbol can also be achieved via the 'insert-special characters' command, however I specifically want to insert this symbol with the keyboard.
    I tried this on a different PC and it works.
    Would anyone know of a alternative keyboard combination for the registered symbol?
    Also according to online sources Alt+21 or Alt+0167 (on the numeric keypad) should generate a 'Section Symbol' (a pair of vertically overlapping S characters) - strangely this keyboard shortcut also doesn't produce anything on either PC; can anyone clarify as to what I'm doing wrong?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    RuskinF is offline Beginner
    Join Date
    May 2020


    alt + 169 (numlock on or off) gives

    alt + 21 (numlock on or off) gives

    hold down alt when pressing numbers, works OK

    alt + 0167 also works with numlock on -

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22