Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to Create & Share movies with Windows Live Movie Maker

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

All I can say now is a big "SORRY" to Hari. Btw,thanks iMav for that link

Hari Maurya is offline Senior Member

Its Ok guys......and thanks for your supports and reply
    Last edited by Hari Maurya; 19th December 2008 at 17:56.

Matrix is offline Senior Member

Useful guide. Thanks - was looking for this actually.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

I would be interested to know how good the output quality is. I know that with WMM there is a lot of transformation of the input and the resulting output quality is usually pretty bad - especially with the default settings. That's the reason I use different video editing tools. But maybe with this movie maker they have fixed that. Any thoughts?
    I would be also interesting to know what file types are supported.

Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    I would be interested to know how good the output quality is. I know that with WMM there is a lot of transformation of the input and the resulting output quality is usually pretty bad - especially with the default settings. That's the reason I use different video editing tools. But maybe with this movie maker they have fixed that. Any thoughts?
    I would be also interesting to know what file types are supported.
    The Video output quality is also depend on the Source video quality. If your Source video is of 640 x 480 resolution.....and you are trying to make a HD DVD Video of 720 x 525 resolution using that video source......then naturally....there will be some loss in quality.

so for better quality..always try to use same resolution as the video source. And also remember the Maximum Video bit rate will result in Maximum Video quality + larger in size.

And related to Windows Live Movie Maker, currently there are only 2 option available for producing output.

1 -> for DVD Quality with resolution of 640 x 480
    2 -> for Portable Devices with resolution of 320 x 240

Hope in upcoming release they will allow to add custom Video/Audio bit rate

And for Windows Movie Maker, select different pre-defined profile according to your Video source:

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Thanks Hari, that looks very much like WMM. If you choose the quality level as highlighted in your picture, you get about 2.5 times the size of your input file and it is still lower quality (in WMM that is). I use Machete (Machete is a quick and lean lossless editor for AVI, WMV and WMA files ) for editing and that keeps the exact input quality. There are some restrictions as to file types, etc. But if you know that in advance, that is no problem.
    I make tutorials that I capture from the screen with WMCapture. Since there is not a lot of "action" in those, the editing is a challenge. Here is an example (Command Prompt on Vimeo ). If you edited that with WMM, you would not be able to read any text any more. With normal movies where you have a lot of action (car chases and explosions - as one of my friends always says), the quality deterioration does not become that obvious, but with videos like the above, it does.

You are right !

Windows Live Movie Maker and Windows Movie Maker are a quick publishing tools. It can be used for making and sharing simple home videos. If you want professional High Quality video, then you have to go for another tools like Corel Video Studio, Power director, Avid or any other professional tools.

plee is offline New Member

I understand all the above, but when I go to publish or share I get a message"The system cannot find the specified path" I tried to uninstall movie maker but can't even find that.
    thank you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12