Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Download only unread mail in windows mail

rt8
    rt8 is offline New Member

I try to set up or download email from gmail acct to my window live mail but I don't want to download all ....more than 9000 old emails on my inbox or outbox.....bear in mind I want to use IMAP instead of POP coz' google website said it's better to use POP.......anyone please help? Thanks a million.

---------- Post added at 03:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rt8 View Post
    I try to set up or download email from gmail acct to my window live mail but I don't want to download all ....more than 9000 old emails on my inbox or outbox.....bear in mind I want to use IMAP instead of POP coz' google website said it's better to use POP.......anyone please help? Thanks a million.
    Sorry wrong typing.....should read like this...bear in mind I want to use IMAP instead of POP coz' google website said it's better to use IMAP.

Jal
    Jal is offline Windows Enthusiast

IMAP is anyday better than POP.. Use IMAP only. And u can set Windows mail to download only newer mails. I dont have Windows Mail installed right now else would have put a screenshot. Having said that, I feel that you should switch to Windows Live Mail.

rt8
    rt8 is offline New Member

Thanks Jal.....I am using Window Live Mail (WLM) now from Window 7 (not windows mail from Vista)....question is how should i set up to only download unread new mail from gmail ...I don't want to download all previous read mail which is around 9000 emails....pls advice....thanks.

leofelix is offline Member

@ rt8, I think it is not possible to download only unread mails

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12