Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows live movie maker: need help

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

As I said, something is really mysterious. The 187KB and the hours of burning just don't fir together. 187KB would burn in 2 seconds because that is a very, very small file. Plus, HD movies are usually pretty rich in bytes. Did you try to burn with DVD Flick that I linked in my first post. That is a good program. The last one I burnt with it was 3 min long and 58MB, and that took only a few minutes.

leofelix is offline Member

sorry for my intrusion

@ whs: I'm starting think Sue is referring to a shortcut to the real file which is probably stored elsewhere, that's why is only 178kb size.
    I hope I'm wrong

by the way: welcome Sue
    Last edited by leofelix; 28th December 2009 at 03:18.

whs

Quote Originally Posted by leofelix View Post
    sorry for my intrusion

@ whs: I'm starting think Sue is referring to a link to the real file which is probably stored elsewhere, that's why is only 178kb size.
    I hope I'm wrong

by the way: welcome Sue
    No intrusion at all. I am glad you put some sense into that because I was puzzled. Right, this is probably only a shortcut or link she is looking at.

Sue, see what leofelix says - you must get to the real file and take the size from there. Also if you want to do any processing, you have to deal with the real file.
    What is the filetype of that 187KB file?

leofelix is offline Member

Thank you whs. I meant a "shortcut" not a link, sorry:-)

whs

Same thing - more or less.

BobMeyer is offline New Member

Default WLMM and WIndows DVD Maker

Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    No intrusion at all. I am glad you put some sense into that because I was puzzled. Right, this is probably only a shortcut or link she is looking at.

Sue, see what leofelix says - you must get to the real file and take the size from there. Also if you want to do any processing, you have to deal with the real file.
    What is the filetype of that 187KB file?
    Several points that may be useful:
    When you import video from your camcorder, the file is converted from the camcorder format to another format, usually .avi, I think. This is the the raw video.

Movie Maker, both Windows Live and original, pre-Live, creates a project file that points to and extracts from the raw video. How you Publish the movie affects the resolution and the published file size. Live MM will publish to YouTube, DVD, various TV resolutions and aspect ratios, mobile devices and DVD. DVD file size is about 21.39 MB per minute of video.

Movie Maker uses Windows DVD maker to publish to DVDs. Movie maker saves the video in .wmv format before it starts to work. DVD Maker saves a project file that references and pulls from the .wmv file.

The first thing DVD maker does when it publishes is convert the video to DVD format and then it burns it to the DVD.

Sue, you are probably looking at the Movie Maker or DVD maker project file for the 187K.

All these video conversions are very CPU intensive. My laptop, running Vista Home Premium on an AMD Turion 64x2 can do these conversions in real time more or less. Camcorder to Laptop takes an hour for an hour of video. DVD burning takes about an hour for an hour of video.

Sue, how screamin' fast is your computer? That's the biggest determinant of how fast you can do video, especially DVD publishing.

pacepa is offline New Member

I am also having a similar problem and would love some help! I have the windows live movie maker version 2011 and I have made a 17 minute video of pictures, short video clips, and music - every time I try to save it and burn it the program shuts down. Ive tried shortening it and everything, but it still shuts down before more than 86% of the movie is saved (thats the farthest Ive seen it work). Please help! Is there another way I can save it and burn it through another program?? Thanks

whs

When you "Save Movie", did you try different settings. And to where are you saving it?

vasudev is offline Moderator

Are you saving it as project file? Please try saving it using 'Save As' option and save as .wmv
    Also chk Windows Live Movie Maker 2011

Vanflash is offline Beginner

Sue, get you a video editing program. I use Pinnacle Systems and it's less than a $100. Never have a minuets problem with it. No hassle as like with "some" editing software. That's why its free.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast