Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem with Windows Live Movie Maker

vasudev is offline Moderator

After reinstalling Vista, have you installed the latest video/graphics drivers and other related required drivers?
    Earlier have you installed any codecs pack? Have you installed the Vista Service pack? If not please update and install.
    Once you run dxdiag.exe (search from Start > searchbox and run) and Windows Experience Index (WinKey+Pause/Brk) to get the option.
    Also make sure your Vista is upto date with all latest updates. Connect to Net and install all updates.

Then try again the Window Live Essentials 2011.

If you want earlier ver of WL Essentials ie Windows Live Essentials 2009, you can get it from from Windows Live Essentials for Windows XP
    But I still suggest you go with WL Essentials 2011 as it has lots of new features.
    Just make your Vista and graphics drivers uptodate and then install

Gonji is offline New Member

Hi vasudev. Yes, I got vista, video/graphics everything latest version by automation daily for updating. (Windows is up to date already.) But Window Live Essentials give 2011 give me more problem when upgrade by itself. I uninstalled Window Live Essentials 2011 and reinstalled WL Essentials 2009, it worked good again. I can't find to turn automation updating off for WL Essentials 2011 only. I do not like to see red shield icon. I know WL Essentials 2011 have excellent feature but not work correct when edit the video because freeze video or/and messed my video the length. Without edit, it went smooth.

Thank you.

vasudev is offline Moderator

Ok, if you are fine with WL Essentials 2009.
    You can try this if it continues to offer updates for WL Essentials. -
    Goto Start > All programs > Windows Update then click 'Check for Updates.
    After checking it 'll show so many updates are available (If its not yet offering update for WL Essentials) and look for WL Essential updt whcih you dont want to install.
    Right click the update you want to hide and select the Hide option.
    Then you wont be offered again to install this untill you restore it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12