DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Google Planning to Buy twitter.

knightrider™ is offline Gold Member

Default Google Planning to Buy twitter.

The rumor mill is in full gear today over speculation that Google may acquire Twitter. The news comes from two separate and unnamed sources that claim talks between Google and Twitter are in the late stages, according to TechCrunch's Michael Arrington. However, Arrington says he has spoken to a third source that says talks are just in the early stages. Arrington says his third source claims the talks may only result in the two companies collaborating on a real-time search engine for Google. There's no word on how much a Google-Twitter deal could be worth, but most estimates put it in the $1 billion range with Google paying a mix of cash and stock.

Read more here

knightrider™ is offline Gold Member

Default Microsoft shoudnt buy twitter

There’s a new rumor going around that Google is considering buying Twitter. Microsoft watcher Todd Bishop says that alarm bells should be going off in Redmond.

But I’d argue Microsoft could simply do a Twitter clone — the same way that it has built its own Facebook-notification-like news stream into Windows Live — and reap similar results. In fact, the Softies are hinting they’ve already been experimenting with adding Twitter-like functionality to its business software (possibly via SharePoint). I’d bet the Xbox and maybe the Pink/Danger mobile teams have been looking at doing their own Twitter-like services too.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Microsoft feign interest in Twitter to push its valuation up a few more million, just to make sure Google pays top dollar for the microblogging vendor if and when it buys Twitter.

Should Microsoft stick to its knitting? Or do you see a case that would justify the Softies spending $250 million or more for Twitter?

ZDNET BLOGS

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Twitter co-founder over at TechCrunch has confirmed that Google and Twitter were in talks of a buyout.

vietnamtou is offline New Member

the combination between Google and Twitter
    GoogleTweet.Me

bandicoat is offline Beginner

Twitter has gained a strong momentum: its community is wide, the idea behind it is good, it is now widely recognized that it reached an important place in the scenario of the major web 2.0 players.
    It would be an important aquisition for Google, and a bad blow for its competitors.

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

Well, Big fish will always rule the sea......someday this will have to be happened, whether Google, MS or yahoo.....anyone will purchase Twitter.

PS. I don't want to see a 'login with you Google Account' at login page or a Beta tag near Twitter logo