DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jal

Thread: Gmail Overtakes YahooMail in India

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

Post Gmail Overtakes YahooMail in India

According to ViziSense, an online audience measurement and analytics provider platform, Gmail, Google's free e-mail service is now India's largest free e-mail service provider with more than 18 million users. Yahoo Mail, which held the top spot until the previous month has now been relegated to the second spot.

Yahoo Mail boasts of 16.8 million unique users and has seen its usage dip 8 percent since August this year. This, coupled with Gmail's
    continued growth which averaged 3 percent since August, has ensured that Gmail surpassed the number of Yahoo users in early October. Microsoft's Windows Live Mail
    too is seeing a surge in its userbase with it managing a very impressive 8 percent growth in India since August. Rediff Mail is at number three with 6.25 million users.

However, on the global scale, it might be a while till Gmail usurps the throne from Yahoo to be the world's largest e-mail provider. Besides, it also has another adversary to counter, Windows Live Mail from Microsoft which is right up there at number 2. As seen in a recent ComScore report, Gmail has been growing pretty fast in U.S. as well-- and unless Yahoo and Windows Mail don't do something drastic, Gmail, in its current form, will eclipse the "traditional" webmail providers in the years to come.

Incidentally, it was just last week that Yahoo carried a full front page ad across leading national dailies in India. Was this an attempt to woo its once loyal users who have started migrating to Gmail?

Source : Techtree

seti is offline Member

This may seem stupid, but I did not know there was a Yahoomail. Does any one use it and is it any good?

riteshtechie is offline Software Developer

insipte I prefer inmail

@ seti, you don't heard about Yahoo's mailing service ever ?? this is impossible buddy !!......... yahoo is the largest email service provider in the whole world .....go check it at yahoo.com or yahoomail.com

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by nitinagarwal1988 View Post
    @ seti, you don't heard about Yahoo's mailing service ever ?? this is impossible buddy !!......... yahoo is the largest email service provider in the whole world .....go check it at yahoo.com or yahoomail.com
    No I just thought they did search that was all, really my friend as I have only ever use Microsoft applications and googlemail. I thought Hotmail/livemail was the biggest provider by the way

win7zilla is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by seti View Post
    This may seem stupid, but I did not know there was a Yahoomail. Does any one use it and is it any good?
    You surprised me, Yahoo mail is one of the most popular free email services used widely, In fact i created my first email account with Yahoo.

+1, I also created my first email account with Yahoo!

Jal
    Jal is offline Windows Enthusiast

Well.. good for Gmail. 8 months ago I set yahoo to forward all mails to Gmail and since then I hardly logged in to Yahoo Mail.
    mark1973 likes this.