DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: firefox flaws account for 44% of all browser bugs

seti is offline Member

Default firefox flaws account for 44% of all browser bugs

I found this article on computerworld, and thought it was interesting and maybe an answer to all those who knock IE. Firefox, the second most popular browser accounts for nearly half of all the bugs. While IE, by far the most popular accounts for just 15%. The full article can be read here.
    Firefox flaws account for 44% of all browser bugs
    Just makes you think doesn't it?

estra is offline Windows Enthusiast

Personally I love Firefox, but that does not make me bash IE. Only as a webmaster I was annoyed for extra coding required for IE6 in the past, support for which I already decided to drop even though it is still marginally less used then Firefox.

Firefox is an open sourced browser, anyone can access its code and thus more flaws are being found. For years of extensive internet banking and shopping I've never had a single accident due to my browser's vulnerability.

When it comes to security, I love the following quotation (and whenever possible choose applications accordingly) by the renowned Bruce Schneier:

As a cryptography and computer security expert, I have never understood the current fuss about the open source software movement. In the cryptography world, we consider open source necessary for good security; we have for decades. Public security is always more secure than proprietary security. It's true for cryptographic algorithms, security protocols, and security source code. For us, open source isn't just a business model; it's smart engineering practice.