DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google Chrome OS Discussion

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Post Google Chrome OS Discussion

Google Chrome OS is an open source, lightweight operating system that will initially be targeted at netbooks. Later this year we will open-source its code, and netbooks running Google Chrome OS will be available for consumers in the second half of 2010. Because we're already talking to partners about the project, and we'll soon be working with the open source community, we wanted to share our vision now so everyone understands what we are trying to achieve.
    More at Official Google Blog: Introducing the Google Chrome OS

Google Chrome OS FAQ here: Google Chrome Blog: Google Chrome OS - FAQ

You can also listen to Google Chrome OS broadcast at Thursday November 19, 2009 at 10:00 AM PT.

Details : Google, Inc.

leofelix is offline Member

brrr I hope Google Chrome OS is not like Chrome browser which is more stripped down than a dead tree:-)

iMav is offline Gold Member

Did a quick article during the webcast, here's what we know so far about Chrome OS:

Chrome OS Demo Videos & Details | I'm Just Being Manan

I've uploaded some demo videos as well.

seti is offline Member

Thanks iMav just checked your excellent article out and it is what I thought it might be..........................(put your own words here. mine is one word beinging with c and ending in p!)

seti is offline Member

Default Chrome generally gets thumbs down in reviews

I have been reading a lot of reviews of Google Chrome their new Operating System. These seem to come to the conclusion that it is good in parts, but I and many others are wondering if it is an Operating System in the real sense of the word, or just an extension of the so called Cloud. It seems that we the consumer have little control over it and everything is stored in the cloud. That is office applications etc. Apart from the obvious security implications, I was left thinking that Microsoft has already done online storage. It also seems from my reading that this is not really ready and there will be many, many compatabilty issues as there was with Vista when it first came out. Given the problems that there have been with gmail for example would you really want to to place your complete trust in google. As one person in the many reviews I've read put it, google does many things well and should stick to them rather than take on Microsoft in a battle they will probably loose. There are a lot of good things about it in fairness, but a browser based operating system will not suit most people. There is one final point that I would make, Windows 7 is generally praised and at this time it will be very hard for anyone to compete with it. In my humble opinion Microsoft make the best Operating systems and Google do other things better, perhaps they should stick with that and aim for co-operation with with MS rather than do battle in a war they just can not at this time win.
    (Mods please not I have not quoted directly from any one scource as there are so many that I have made reference to)

Matrix is offline Senior Member

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

5 reasons Google Chrome OS will

(a) FLOP

(b) SUCCEED

The PCWorld guys have buttered both sides of the bread and eating it!!!

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    5 reasons Google Chrome OS will

(a) FLOP

(b) SUCCEED

The PCWorld guys have buttered both sides of the bread and eating it!!!
    They always do

iMav is offline Gold Member

I tried Chrome OS... the build that was compiled and uploaded by gdgt. So apparently here's what I found:

You can't login to the PC unless you're connected to the Internet.

There is nothing you can do except browse the Internet since you need a google.com email id to access applications etc. Apparently, the public doesn't have a google.com email id.

riteshtechie is offline Software Developer

I too tested it and really uninteractive interface. They made the interface same as Chrome Browser. Lets see what they will improve when they release. I am sure they will go with BETA for a long time.............. remember 5 year beta version of GMAIL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast