DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firefox 3.6 Beta 4 Available for Download

Cithel is offline Senior Member

Default Firefox 3.6 Beta 4 Available for Download

You can get it here right now: Softpedia or you can get it from Mozilla's site on Friday.

Looks like the milestone timetable is slipping but at least it's coming.

The availability of Firefox 3.6 Beta 4 this late in November means that Mozilla missed its initially planned availability deadline for the Release Candidate milestone. Firefox 3.6 RC should have been made available by the end of this month, to catalyze the final release of the next version of the open source browser to be offered in December 2009.
    This fourth revision of the Beta of Firefox 3.6 / Gecko 1.9.2 introduces several new features:

• Changes to how we allow third party software to integrate with Firefox in order to prevent crashes.
    • The ability to run scripts asynchronously to speed up page load times.
    • More than 140 bug fixes from the last beta to improve performance, stability, security and features.
    • This beta is available in more than 60 languages - get your local version.
    • Users can now change their browser's appearance with a single click, with built in support for Personas.
    • Firefox 3.6 will alert users about out of date plugins to keep them safe.
    • Open, native video can now be displayed full screen, and supports poster frames.
    • Support for the WOFF font format.
    • Improved JavaScript performance, overall browser responsiveness and startup time.
    • Support for new CSS, DOM and HTML5 web technologies.
    Last edited by rkonit; 28th November 2009 at 18:19. Reason: Change log added by rk

seti is offline Member

perhaps we should wait for firefox 4

Quote Originally Posted by seti View Post
    perhaps we should wait for firefox 4
    Feel free

Of course since 3.6 will be out around year end and then 3.7 slated to release around May-June 2010 it might be a long wait.

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cithel View Post
    Feel free

Of course since 3.6 will be out around year end and then 3.7 slated to release around May-June 2010 it might be a long wait.
    That's ok. IE9 could well be out before then, so I don't mind waiting.

Internet Explorer is your browser of choice? Not looking for a browser war here, just asking. I like Firefox myself. The updates to 3.6 are pretty significant if you haven't given them a look.

I'm sure IE9 will be out before Firefox 4. Chrome OS might be out before Firefox 4.

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cithel View Post
    Internet Explorer is your browser of choice? Not looking for a browser war here, just asking. I like Firefox myself. The updates to 3.6 are pretty significant if you haven't given them a look.

I'm sure IE9 will be out before Firefox 4. Chrome OS might be out before Firefox 4.
    Yes it is, but I do like somethings in Firefox and that is why I use them both. At the moment IE has the edge, but this can change, and firefox could edge forward again. So at the moment I use IE as my main and Firefox for other things. I didn't think you were starting anything my friend, which why I've replied.

leofelix is offline Member

Thank you Cithel,
    FF 3.6 beta had another update in a few days!
    This time I'll wait for Firefox 3.6 Release Candidate 1

rkonit is offline Gold Member

Last night I downloaded and install FF v3.6 Beta 4. but Im still expecting more...

No Jumplist and Live Thumbs Preview for multiple tab instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramesh Kumar MVP View Post
    No Jumplist and Live Thumbs Preview for multiple tab instances.
    They are adding Aero Peak but the rest of the windows 7 features are in 3.7 last I heard. The 3.6 release is all about the new Gecko 1.9.2 rendering engine and I think they are saying that the TraceMonkey JavaScript engine got about a 15% speed boost.

Quote Originally Posted by seti View Post
    I didn't think you were starting anything my friend, which why I've replied.
    Well if it is working out well for you I'll give it another look. I used it well into the Version 6 life cycle and it was really hard to switch to Firefox so I've been slow to go back to it as my main browser. I do use it with all of the Windows Live stuff, the integration is fantastic.

Thanks for not taking my question the wrong way!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast