DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: 31% of Windows 7 issues are related to OS installation

nithinr6 is offline Senior Member

Default 31% of Windows 7 issues are related to OS installation

Thirty-one percent of users that have been experiencing trouble with Windows 7 have reported problems with upgrading to the operating system. The data comes from consumer helpdesk firm iYogi, which recently conducted a survey of more than 100,000 of its customers. The number means that the majority of problems iYogi's customers are experiencing have to do with Windows 7 installation, or the related application and data migration. These are fixable issues, but they don't paint a good first impression of the operating system. While Microsoft clearly still has work to do in the upgrade process department (though as noted in September 2009, it is faster than Vista's), this number is not as bad as it may first appear.
    read the full article here

seti is offline Member

Thank you for this. It is to be expected that there would be some negativity regarding 7 and while 31% might seem a large figure, we do not know how much of that is caused by the inexperience of the users. If we took a figure of experienced users the I would imagine that the figure would be much lower. However, we should all remain open-minded and honest to admit that all OSs have problems.

Cithel is offline Senior Member

The missing number here seems to be how many of these 100,000 customers are actually having problems or are even running Windows 7. Then they say 95% of all users get windows 7 on a new PC. Microsoft sales numbers certainly don't show that. If roughly one third of users upgrading were having problems then it would be all over the media how bad this release is.

"Thirty-one percent of users that have been experiencing trouble with Windows 7"

"Twenty-six percent of users that have been experiencing trouble with Windows 7"

"Most users who move to the next version of Windows do so by buying a new PC (about 95 percent)"

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cithel View Post
    The missing number here seems to be how many of these 100,000 customers are actually having problems or are even running Windows 7. Then they say 95% of all users get windows 7 on a new PC. Microsoft sales numbers certainly don't show that. If roughly one third of users upgrading were having problems then it would be all over the media how bad this release is.
    A very telling point you made there my friend and one I missed.

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

This news made me think one thing that if these users are facing problems in installing Windows 7 then I bet they never installed Windows XP or earlier versions of Windows ever before...

in my opinion Windows 7 have the most easy and simple installation process in comparison to other Windows versions.....

Before installing first check the recommended Windows 7 hardware requirements or use Windows 7 upgrade Advisor.

Create a Hard drive partition of more than 25 GB and do not delete the reserved system partition of 100-200 MB automatically created by Windows 7.