DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC
 
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: 10 Things Microsoft Did Right In 2009

  1. #1
    tweakwindows's Avatar
    tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    intowindows.com
    Posts
    1,285

    Thumbs up 10 Things Microsoft Did Right In 2009

    The year 2009 was pretty good to Microsoft, even as the weak economy ravaged sales. Microsoft actually did a few things right. Here is the list:

    1. Flawlessly launched Windows 7
    2. Opened retail stores
    3. Offered crapware -free PCs
    4. Launched Bing
    5. Released Security Essentials
    6. Promoted Steven Sinofsky
    7. Released Zune 4.0 software and Zune HD
    8. Settled antitrust case with the European Union
    9. Improved advertising
    10. Debuted Silverlight 4.0



    Head over to BetaNews to read in detail.

  2. #2
    seti is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tweakwindows View Post
    The year 2009 was pretty good to Microsoft, even as the weak economy ravaged sales. Microsoft actually did a few things right. Here is the list:

    1. Flawlessly launched Windows 7
    2. Opened retail stores
    3. Offered crapware-free PCs
    4. Launched Bing
    5. Released Security Essentials
    6. Promoted Steven Sinofsky
    7. Released Zune 4.0 software and Zune HD
    8. Settled antitrust case with the European Union
    9. Improved advertising
    10. Debuted Silverlight 4.0

    Head over to BetaNews to read in detail.
    Let us all hope that they continue this trend in 2010

  3. #3
    tweakwindows's Avatar
    tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    intowindows.com
    Posts
    1,285

    Default

    Let us all hope that they continue this trend in 2010
    I am sure about that. With Windows 7 & Office 2010, next year will be a great success for MSFT.

  4. #4
    bandicoat is offline Beginner
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Points 1 and 3 are indeed great goals!
    About MS stores, it may turn into something VERY interesting in the long run if they can catch up with the sort of mojo Apple gained through Apple stores.
    Seeing and touching things and talking with qualified resellers imho can have a deep and durable impact in customer's mind and start a viral positive buzz, the "mojo" factor that MS brand currently lack when compared with Apple.

  5. #5
    luffy is offline Windows Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    59

    Default

    MS worries linux distro and Apple will take over in the future. So MS just have to do something (around 25% right, and the rest is still wrong). lol.

  6. #6
    fredharvey's Avatar
    fredharvey is offline Beginner
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    29

    Default

    I even heard IE 9 will be much better as well

    IE9 will close performance gap, Microsoft says

  7. #7
    bandicoat is offline Beginner
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fredharvey View Post
    I even heard IE 9 will be much better as well
    It seems IE is finally closing the gap in terms of performances, standard compliance and reputation, or at least it is heading in the right direction.
    IE8 was a good step forward IE7 in all respects, and if IE9 maintains the expectations we will see quite a bit of competition in browsers war in 2010, and it's a good thing!

  8. #8
    rkonit's Avatar
    rkonit is offline Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pilani, India
    Posts
    1,363

    Default

    4. Launched Bing
    Are you sure?
    Quite Confusing... Quality doesn't meet the Brand's(Microsoft) standard..
    Bing must be better than Google or etc, but its still not yet!
    Last edited by rkonit; 25th December 2009 at 19:48.

  9. #9
    nitinagarwal1988's Avatar
    nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pilani, India
    Posts
    1,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by r.k View Post
    4. Launched Bing
    Are you sure?
    Quite Confusing... Quality doesn't meet the Brand's(Microsoft) standard..
    Bing must be better than Google or etc, but its still not yet!
    I am totally agree with you, let see what they'll do with merging Yahoo and Bing search techniques!!

    Apart this Microsoft did well this year.......promotions for Windows 7 are great...distribution of free Windows 7 Ultimate DVDs with party packs was the best among all

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22