DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "IE9: Microsoft's new browser gets no respect at all"

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

Talking "IE9: Microsoft's new browser gets no respect at all"

Ed Bott at his Zdnet blog posted a new story....

Yesterday, influential web designer Jeffrey Zeldman admitted “there is no such thing as a calm discussion of improvements to a Microsoft browser,” and then proceeded to accidentally prove his own case.

Someone pointed out Zeldman’s post to me yesterday, during a brief lull in the proceedings at MIX10, and I scanned it quickly. Although it carried the bland title IE9 Preview, the post itself was dripping with sarcasm, laced with backhanded compliments, and supplemented with several extra-large servings of contempt for everything Microsoft is doing with Internet Explorer. Zeldman criticized the tone of Microsoft’s public announcements, calling it “enforced bragging.” He argued that “Getting IE fully up to speed on web standards is much more important than introducing any proprietary innovations.” In one breath he said, “I’m not challenging the quality of the hardware and software improvements,” and then, in the very next breath, he criticized Microsoft’s “brilliant browser engineers” for “torturing the IE rendering engine every couple of years instead of putting it out of its misery.”

Read Full news.

mtschrey is offline New Member

Default MS own fault...

I think, that the IE has now a bad image. All the people I talk to don't like the Browser and use instead Firefox or Chrome.

It might be a good Browser, once released, but for right now competition is too big. Which I think, is a good thing.

mtschre

riteshtechie is offline Software Developer

And the reason is pretty clear,this version is intended for developers and not for common people

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

we will soon hear more rumors about IE9 until the final product will be released. Let see what Microsoft have in there mind for this new version of IE. but i' m pretty sure that this will brings the glory days of IE back again

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

I really do not understand the discussion. I have used/tried about 10 different browsers but always came back to the IE. I am very happy with IE8, and if 9 is even better, so be it.

riteshtechie is offline Software Developer

Whatever MS do, it would be great if it make it completely customizable like FF

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

I second that ritesh. Microsoft do need to give Something different like customization. l would be lost without Firefox.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

^ I agree. Customization and options are what people look for!

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    ^ I agree. Customization and options are what people look for!
    I respectfully disagree. In my computer club (650 members) I do not know a single person that has ever asked for IE customization. In fact, there are very few people that use any other browser - other than IE. Some don't even use IE, they use AOL for browsing.
    I think you guys are thinking of the Geek community, but that is a minute subset of the total user group. Most users use the PC like an appliance and don't want to bother with setups.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Hmm .. I thought it could be one of the reasons for its sliding market-share... What else do you think could be the reasons for its slide? Cant be speed or security. Or are perceptions about IE the reason?

When given a choice, folks do switch from IE; the recent EU ballot screen being a case. IE share has dropped down after introducing the ballot screen.

I feel, IE8 is faster and safer, but since IE based Maxthon gives me so many options like eg. ' Paste & Go' which I use so frequently, I prefer Maxthon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast