DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Will Opera Mini beat Safari on iPhone

riteshtechie is offline Software Developer

Default Will Opera Mini beat Safari on iPhone

My Opera - When do you think Opera Mini will be available on the iPhone? was officially submitted to the Apple iPhone App store on Mar 23. A select few first saw it at Mobile World Congress 2010 in February. Now, the “fast like a rocket” browser is taking its first big step towards giving users a new way to browse on the iPhone.

Early reviews of Opera Mini for iPhone praised the sheer browsing speed, powering through Web pages up to six times faster than Safari. Due to server-side rendering, Opera Mini compresses data by up to 90 percent before sending it to the phone, resulting in rapid page loading and more Web per MB for the end user. Those familiar with iPhone roaming charges will relish Opera Mini’s ability to deliver more for less, giving users the Web they want quickly, without, the high costs.

Opera Press Release

But I don't think they will accept their application, Apple will go with Safari only.

Checkout this counter

MrMBerman is offline Senior Member

I Hope Opera will get the nod if not I'm sure it will be available for jailbroken iPhones. I have not yet jailbroken mine but I will seriously consider doing so just to have Opera as my browser.

Apple should learn from the mistakes MSFT made with IE and hope Opera and others don't go to the EU and cry a monopoly and demand a browser ballot too.

I guess we will have an answer from Apple as early as this coming Monday, it's in no ones interest for this to drag on.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

I guess they will allow Safari first; and then let Opera in

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    I guess they will allow Safari first; and then let Opera in
    Safari is already and not surprisingly the default browser for the iPhone but it's too simple, slow and Opera offers so much more. So fingers crossed.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

LOL, I apologize for my ignorance

kristain is offline New Member

Default Opera is better than Safari for iPhone

Opera Mini Web browser is faster on the iPhone than Apple's Safari web browser. It offers up to six times faster download speeds than Apple's own browser

nithinr6 is offline Senior Member

But you have to always remember what happened to Google voice app! it got rejected because it supposedly copied the function that iphone has...

Exclamation Opera Mini App approved for the App Store

The wait is over!

Opera today announced its popular mobile browser, Opera Mini has been approved for iPhone and iPod touch on the App Store. Opera Mini will be available as a free download within 24 hours, depending on market.

Opera Mini, with more than 50 million users worldwide, enables fast mobile Web browsing by compressing data by up to 90 percent before sending content to the device, resulting in significantly improved page loading. Users of the app will notice an uptake in speed, especially on slower networks such as the 2G Edge network. Surfing the Web with the Opera Mini App on iPhone and iPod touch will also help users save money because of its data compression capabilities. This will hold especially true while the user is incurring roaming charges.

“We are delighted to offer iPhone and iPod touch users a great browsing experience with the Opera Mini App,” said Lars Boilesen, CEO, Opera Software. “This app is another step toward Opera’s goal of bringing the Web to more people in more places.”

The Opera Mini App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch

ratridash is offline Beginner

I think safari is nice for PC or mac but as a recorded browser for mobile phone Opera will keep the first position also on iPhone. Oh, Firefox also create a version for iPhone which is call Firefox Junior. Let try it.