DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Anti-piracy software to track down film pirates

riteshtechie is offline Software Developer

Default Anti-piracy software to track down film pirates

Now downloading a Bollywood movie will not be easy and not to mention if you do so you may found yourself being prosecuted for the same. Taking a big turn against Piracy now Bollywwood film-makers are using technology to fight against Piracy.

Aamir Khan’s 3 Idiots was the first film to do so, and now the makers of Housefull are using the same anti-piracy software to track down film pirates and those who download movies illegally from Internet.

Quick fix

Called Republique, the software has been developed by a company called Geodefic and is now activated. The software was activated on Wednesday night and work all over the world. Says Housefull director Sajid Khan, “Since the film releases in some parts on a Wednesday we want to start tracking pirates immediately.”

The results are yet to be made public, it would be interesting to see to how many percentage it has affected the Piracy Industry. What’s your take on this?

PS: Do you believe it would work?

Via : beingpc

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

The Pirating community is one of the largest internet community's in the world and as game developers found out about DRM they will be working hard to combat this. My own opinion is clouded in mass profits made by Hollywood and I am not sure about Bollywood. That said I don't endorse pirating but I am aware of the technology used and I know you can go anywhere with free wifi to download pirated films, games and software so I cant see how this will work. What are they going to do start taking local library's, McDonald's and coffee shops to court lol

Support the developers by purchasing films, games and software you use.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

And what if you use a video capture program. I doubt they can track that.

ChrisRich is offline Beginner

...but I am aware of the technology used and I know you can go anywhere with free wifi to download pirated films, games and software so I cant see how this will work.
    Indeed. There's only so much that could realistically happen in terms of policing or monitoring this activity. Like most other things that are illegal, I think there will be some tertiary laws but mostly it'll just be obeyed due to the threat of persecution if you get caught, which likely means there are going to be some casualties, or examples, first to put the fear into everyone else.

__________________________________________________ _____
    promotional products = business success

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

I don't think that it will work. How can it track thousands of torrents and also MediaFire, RapidShare and other file sharing sites?