DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Google Begins Locking Down Search With SSL Encryption

nithinr6 is offline Senior Member

Default Google Begins Locking Down Search With SSL Encryption

Google has added SSL encryption to their search engine.The new version of Google is SSL encrypted and located at https://www.google.com.

SSL search means that an encrypted connection is created between your browser and Google's servers. When you perform a search, your search terms and whatever results come back from them will only be visible to you—anyone who might be sniffing packets on your network (such as, say, Google!) won't be able to see that you're looking up cures for hemorrhoids, the lyrics to every song in the musical Cats, or something worse.

Google's encrypted search launch comes in the wake of the company's own WiFi data sniffing debacle, for which it may face probes in both Germany and the US (as well as a class-action lawsuit). This privacy slip-up is a stark reminder that much of our regular WiFi traffic can be snooped on by others on the network—doubly so if the network is open or shared, like the one I'm using at the coffee shop as I write this.
    Source

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Thanks for the heads up, nithinr6. Do any other search engines use SSL encryption?

nithinr6 is offline Senior Member

Haven't heard of any others doing the same...

Dude111 is offline Windows Enthusiast

I think SCROOGLE.ORG is better (Google is starting to not be able to be trusted)

https://ssl.scroogle.org

They dont keep records of search info or anything......