Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What do you want to see in Windows 8?

brod smith is offline New Member

Just ensure that you are inserting the propert disk. CD+R medias are different from the DVD. You drive is just working fine. It happens that it detects a CD+R media on the drive that is why it change into DVD+RAM into CD Drive.

AHS0 is offline Senior Member

neowin.net:Neowin.net - Microsoft may show off Windows 8 and new tablet interface at CES

Was talking with a friend and he told me this:

so they seem to definitely have chosen to "follow apple" (regarding the 'devices that are supposed to compete with the iPad') part
    shame
    the iPad only being a glorified iPod, and bringing nothing new since tablet PCs exist, which has been the case for at least ten years
    (but Apple wants to make people think otherwise)

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    Yes, that would be nice!
    I see this can be done in this way:
    How-To Geek: Create a Context Menu Item to Copy a List of Files to the Clipboard in Windows 7 / Vista / XP and it would be perfect we would do this without registry tweak.

Default Windows 8 glass by Shinorino: Wished we had this in Windows 7.

Wished we had this in Windows 7, but hopefully we will have in Windows 8:

Windows 8 glass by Shinorino

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

I find the glass themes good for a change - but find myself reverting back to Win7 default

It sure would be nice if Windows 8 would offer a couple of in-built themes, though!

HappyAndyK,
    I didn't get you clearly here.
    What glass theme you are referring too?
    So you personally like the Windows 7 Aero theme by default?

There are couple of in-built themes in Windows 7 already and user can also download more.

I really liked Windows 8 glass by Shinorino, since when you open a Windows Explorer windows, you can also see it like glass, where the background is transparent.
    User should also be able to set the opacity of how much desktop should be visible.
    I really wished we had this thing in Windows 7. Its pity. Isn't it?

I guess that Shinorino in Windows 8 glass by Shinorino | Windows8update - Comprehensive Windows 8 News and Information also means that Taskbar to be invisible except the Start button. So when the user press Win+T or hover the mouse over the Taskbar, can see the icons there! I really like that way!

Only opened, active windows then, would have their icon visible on the Taskbar. User also should opt if they want to use Taskbar in this way or like the one in Windows 7.
    Last edited by AHS0; 20th December 2010 at 14:52.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

I meant those themes that have too much glassy UI, like having even the start menu transparent, etc. i enjoy them for a few days, and then I revert back to to the Windows 7 default theme.

LeeW is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    I meant those themes that have too much glassy UI, like having even the start menu transparent, etc. i enjoy them for a few days, and then I revert back to to the Windows 7 default theme.
    I agree. I installed the Sinorino Theme and after an hour I actually got annoyed by it.

As a Developer, I would like to see some more openess between Microsoft and Developers. For a Developer to write apps to Tweak, Customize or Expand functions in Windows, it takes Months, Days, Hours............. of research to find what you need. What most Developers don't admit is that the majority of the things they have learned is by sheer luck (I know there's going to be those with a different opinion), though it takes alot of skill, it does take some luck. Most won't admit what damage they do to their pc's\test pc's and while virtualization helps it's not 100% reliable. So in short, if the OS was more open to Developers, it would make writing applications and tweaks so much better (quicker to release, easier, less damaging, more fun..............).

LeeW is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHS0 View Post
    The ability to make list of files in a folder easily, would be a great idea.
    Also to be able to include the size of each file and last modification date, would be great.
    What do you think?

ASHO. Using Right-Click Extender via TWC Freeware, you can enable the option to create a textfile with a list of all the files in the folder, including size of file, modified information........... Adds the option to your Right-Click menu, you can also set it to always display or only display when hitting Shift+Click

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast