Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What do you want to see in Windows 8?

AHS0 is offline Senior Member

Windows 8 "Hybrid Boot" feature uncovered - TechSpot News
    Microsoft is expected to launch Windows 8 in 2012 with the current rumored retail availability for January 2013. The word on the street also is that there may be a beta as soon as this fall.
    Great time.

Leaked: Windows 8 Task Manager screenshot
    I frequently use the Task Manager in Windows so I'm rather excited to see that Microsoft is tweaking it. It shows the company still cares about power users. What do you want to see in the new Task Manager?

ajay100 is offline New Member

As Raphael says, “Worst case, Microsoft simply ignores the whole thing.” but this is no reason not to step forward and make you views known. Why not have a go with the poll and we’ll see what new features in Windows 8 the public really want.

abbot06 is offline New Member

hi thanks for sharing this my vote for this .........

maksevrod is offline New Member

I want to see light oand powerful OS, and the first of all - stable OS...

Folder view improvements in Windows 8

I think Windows 8, will have improvements and features for folder view and settings.
    I recently asked this question from my friend:

Question:
    in a folder, make icons to the largest and then rename the folder, does it changes the view? it reverts the icon view to the large icons, instead of Extra large.

well, this behavior wouldn't surprise me, since the folder customizations are stored with a folder path.
    so if you change paths, it's possible that the modification doesn't get applied.
    Can this get fixed in Windows 8?

i don't know, maybe
    it depends if they change how this is stored in win8

Weekend Open Forum: Will Windows 8 be worth buying? - TechSpot News

My friend said he won't buy Windows 8:

the win8 changes listed here don't make me want to buy it, for now.
    What MS should do in order to change your mind buying Windows 8?

stop trying to make it a mobile OS and keep it a computer OS. If I want a mobile OS, there is windows phone already.
    i guess they do this to please the tablet users, but they're not the primary user base, so I think it should be a separate product and not the same one, in that case.
    Last edited by AHS0; 9th May 2011 at 17:20.

TechSpot News:
    Windows 8 previewed, new touch-oriented UI shown off

My friend and I were talking about this and he said:
    From the video i see it looks more like windows phone, which doesn't male me very happy. It's clearly not intended to be used as a workstation. the UI is fluid and all, but i fear it lacks flexibility and/or features that we have in win7. it's clearly made for tablets... i wonder what they want to do with 'conventional' PCs. also, did you hear that they'll release an ARM version ? application developers will have a hard time now, developing x86/x64 and now arm versions of thair software. It's again a move towards tablets etc. and far from the professional / "serious" pc users / gamers. It's bad, because I don't want to be forced to move to MacOS X or Linux when win7 isn't supported any longer.

what i mean is, the UI is clearly... well... i don't think it looks like a "real" OS. more like a toy.
    well, we'll have more info when they release beta's including this feature.

"These new Windows 8 apps are full-screen and touch-optimized, and they easily integrate with the capabilities of the new Windows user interface"
    from Previewing ‘Windows 8’

Our idea about quote above:

yeah, because obviously, nobody likes to multi-task but prefer to have super-big app UIs... (sarcasm). really, i hope we'll still have more traditional applications along with these new ones.

because, well... for instance right now i have skype, WLM, and Firefox all visible on my screen, so I can monitor different activities at once. I couldn't do it with more than two of their "fullscreen" apps.

8 reasons why Windows 8 will rock!

Our talk:
    regarding the '8 reasons'
    1. Fast: Good. But seven is very fast already. Maybe the gain will be on lower-end machines.
    2. Effortless multi-tasking: Already works very well in seven.
    3. Powerful Apps: Only by testing we'll se what these "new apps" are worth. But the video only showed a rss feed and a video player, which isn't exactly impressive.
    4. Be in your comfort zone: Ok, nice.
    5. Refreshing new look: You know what I think about it
    6. Compatibility: It's not a reason for it to rock, it's a basic pre-requisite for an OS !
    7. A developer’s boon: Again, we'll judge it when we see it . HTML5/JS can be powerful, but will always be slower than C++ or other non-interpreted languages.
    8. Internet Explorer 10: Still won't have NoScript etc. so I'll keep using Firefox / Opera

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast