DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Microsoft changes the Technet subscriptions rules

D.Rockwell is offline New Member

Does TechNet Pro (Retail) subscription come with the Windows 7 Enterprise / Professional MAK keys?

hackerman1 is offline Senior Member

you should read my 2 posts above, before you ask....
    Last edited by hackerman1; 14th February 2012 at 21:41.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

D.Rockwell is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by hackerman1 View Post
    you should read my 2 posts above, before you ask....
    I did, a few times; it is a much-appreciated post. My question is more literal than it was taken to be. I should be more specific.

I've read about Technet Pro, Standard, Volume, Retail, and the changes that have been made, so I wanted to make 100% sure that I'm current and clear on what to get before I spend money. So if I purchase Technet Professional Retail I will receive a key for Windows 7 Enterprise (works on Volume Windows 7 Professional too) that will only require initial activation, and thenceforth will allow the systems to be offline indefinitely. I also need this functionality for Visio (any iteration is fine) and Office 2010 Professional; it looks like this is not available via Technet, in which case I then need to learn which OEM/Retail keys for these products I can purchase which will require only initial online activation. If I can't do this, I guess I need to purchase separate Volume MAK's for these products, but my guess is this would cost me quite a bit. I'd only need about 30-50 activations per product, so I'm assuming this would not be worth the cost. I don't know.

Besides this project, my partner and I want to experiment with Windows 7 Enterprise/Professional and Office 2010 Professional on virtual private servers. We would be more than happy to purchase two Technet Pro subscriptions for this purpose, and put our software on our respective private servers, then network accordingly, but between us both we have accounts with at least 13 different server providers; it's actually more than that, but that's close to the current count. I am concerned that I cannot use Technet solely for this project either, because if I'm activating these products on a bunch of different private servers, I suspect Microsoft may block the KMS/Retail keys, assuming they have been leaked/pirated to all these locations over the world. This is another reason why MAK is so attractive; I do not have to worry about stressful problems like what happened with Technet keys back in July last year. It would be nice if I could let my Technet subscription expire and not worry about Microsoft blocking my keys, but I read about their adapting a credit card system designed to detect unintended use of Technet keys. It sounds like I can't be 100% sure they will leave them alone in this case.
    Last edited by D.Rockwell; 15th February 2012 at 21:50.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12