DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Your experience with Android tablets

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Default Your experience with Android tablets

I am planning to buy a tablet. I think currently the best is the Samsung Galaxy tablet. But I am not sure whether I should go for that or wait for Android Version 3.0.

I would be interested in your experience report with your tablet and Android. The Ipad is of no interest to me - too expensive, too few function, no USB port, no Flash support, too captive with Apple only, too bulky.

LeeW is offline Gold Member

I looked at buying a few for my teenage children (I have 3) and in my honest opinion, wait for it. From past reviews on many of the android tabelts it's better to get the latest as the older versions tend to be forgotten about and not easy to upgrade if you need to. In saying that, if you can't wait, yes the Galaxy for now is a good choice.

My brother is a diehard Android Fan and he likes the Galaxy (I texted him and asked him real quick).

It is a hard choice when it comes to Android as there are thousands of models out.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

For the teenagers you probably do not want to invest over $500 - three times. As an entry alternative there is the Coby Kyros that they sell at Toys-R-Us for $139.50 and at Borders for $149.50. It is pretty nice considering it is a release 4.1 machine. This is a decent review of it: YouTube - Coby Kyros MID7015 Review.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

At the moment, whs, Samsung Galaxy tablet looks to be the best, imo.