DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Prevent v 1.0 - Feedback & Support

riteshtechie is offline Software Developer

Not at this instance

Ahmed is offline New Member

Yeah, u did a great job & I really appreciate it, BUT THERE"S ONE GLITCH:

Though it prevents everything, it fails to prevent renaming of any file with the function key "F2".
    I tried & tested this problem.
    Do plz recitfy it in the next release (which I'm awaiting patiently)

ezkape is offline New Member

Ok, so i installed it, i love, but how do i autorun prevent but not allow the user profile to access it (because i don't want them to disable the program)

cplevel42 is offline New Member

Nice work Ritesh! Thanks for this great program.

I would like to offer you some money for working on version 2. Please PM me. I love the ideas that have been brought up by the posters of this forum. One of the best ideas so far would to be to disable cut, delete, and rename only, but allow copy.

Thanks again!!!

RAISUPAC is offline New Member

Hello I am new here. When I click the download button it says no file. Any have idea where to download Prevent 1.0?

Thank's in advance.

LeeW is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by RAISUPAC View Post
    Hello I am new here. When I click the download button it says no file. Any have idea where to download Prevent 1.0?

Thank's in advance.
    Aside from the TWC direct download link (drive with arrow) there are also download links on ZDnet and Major Geeks. I just tested all three and they worked fine for me
    Prevent 1.0 (Windows), from The Windows Club - Free Downloads on ZDNet | Shareware, Trialware, Evaluation Software
    |MG| Prevent 1.0 Download

Hope that helps
    Lee

Daveneva is offline New Member

I love the program. it'l keep my kids from distroying the computer again. what are the pre_1 and Pre_2 for? and i'd like to make all the files in the computer read only when i'm away the restore them when I'm back. but i'm not a programer.

chukemmang is offline New Member

Thumbs up Prevent software

Hi Ritesh, i tried out your software and it was awesome but i would love you to make some crucial adjustments on the software, could you please make the copy disability to apply to a single folder rather than the entire system, and can you also make the software disable the drag and drop capability. if these two shortcomings can be overcome then the software will be perfect. Please help, thank you.

benutzer is offline New Member

Hi,

on my Win 7 Ultimate it simply doesn't work. The only thing it's preventing is the task managers' context menu, but I can still kill every process (including the 3 prevent procs) using the end-process-button. Also I can delete, rename, cut, paste etc all that I want while prevent is running - both in admin and (new and untouched) user accounts.

Any ideas about this? I really would like to have a working app like this (though I would also prefer a silent star-up feature).

thanx in advance!
    Ben

riteshtechie is offline Software Developer

Quote Originally Posted by L.W View Post
    Aside from the TWC direct download link (drive with arrow) there are also download links on ZDnet and Major Geeks. I just tested all three and they worked fine for me
    Prevent 1.0 (Windows), from The Windows Club - Free Downloads on ZDNet | Shareware, Trialware, Evaluation Software
    |MG| Prevent 1.0 Download

Hope that helps
    Lee
    Thanks Lee for sorting him out

Quote Originally Posted by Daveneva View Post
    I love the program. it'l keep my kids from distroying the computer again. what are the pre_1 and Pre_2 for? and i'd like to make all the files in the computer read only when i'm away the restore them when I'm back. but i'm not a programer.
    pre_1 and Pre_2 are necessary files which help in proper working Prevent. Daveneva, You gave me a nice idea for an application, will try to work on it.

Quote Originally Posted by chukemmang View Post
    Hi Ritesh, i tried out your software and it was awesome but i would love you to make some crucial adjustments on the software, could you please make the copy disability to apply to a single folder rather than the entire system, and can you also make the software disable the drag and drop capability. if these two shortcomings can be overcome then the software will be perfect. Please help, thank you.
    Hmm, will try to work on that, I appreciate your feedback

Quote Originally Posted by benutzer View Post
    Hi,

on my Win 7 Ultimate it simply doesn't work. The only thing it's preventing is the task managers' context menu, but I can still kill every process (including the 3 prevent procs) using the end-process-button. Also I can delete, rename, cut, paste etc all that I want while prevent is running - both in admin and (new and untouched) user accounts.

Any ideas about this? I really would like to have a working app like this (though I would also prefer a silent star-up feature).

thanx in advance!
    Ben
    That's strange... I have no idea why it isn't working for you. Will look into it

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast