Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: FixWin Utility - Feedback & Suggestions

drsolution is offline New Member

Default FixWin.exe Freezes or?

Hi,
    My PC is Win 7 x64 , I7 860 processor. 8GB Ram
    I just Dl'd Fixwin and when it was run I selected a few things to fix.
    All went well (at least it said so )
    except when I clicked on "additional fixes"
    then "Taskbar Jumplist is missing or doesn't store MRU file List"
    It then froze and had to be closed with TM (end process)
    OR it was taking SO LONG it only seemed like it was frozen???
    Any ideas?
    Wanted you to know.
    Hope this is in correct thread.
    drs

fredyb is offline New Member

Default XP Question

Can anybody tell me if this FixWin work with XP, and if not is there another version that can or another software that is simular. Thanks.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

No, FixWin works only on Windows 7 & Vista.

Default To Bad

Thanks for the reply, it's a real shame it's not available for XP, it's sounds like a great little program, why they didn't include XP is beyond me, after all we are still the majority out there and will be for the next couple of years at least.

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by fredyb View Post
    Thanks for the reply, it's a real shame it's not available for XP, it's sounds like a great little program, why they didn't include XP is beyond me, after all we are still the majority out there and will be for the next couple of years at least.
    Sorry to disagree with you but the evidence is that XP users are becoming a decreasing minority now. There are a lot of fixers for XP, around if you want them but my advice would be to upgrade to 7 and get the best OS around now.

Default I politely disagree

I'm to new for this forum to really disagree much let alone start an argument, I'll just say this one more time since it is really off topic.

I'm a retired construction worker, I'm not a novice at this but far from bieng a techie or a geek, I still get around a lot, bieng friends nieghbors etc. I still go to my Union meetings there will be several hundred there young and old, I talk to many on different forums, many on forums especially the more techie folks yes they do get on the bandwagon right away, it's thier thing, most are not casual users, but most of us are not, so far want nothing to do with 7 as of yet, especially after what Vista did to the regular folk that didn't know much how to solve it's problems.

I have seen so many people go to places like BestBuy or PC repar shops asking them if they can revert thier new pc's to XP, it's still happening, Vista was and still is trash as far as I'm concered, looks like 7 will make it, most regular folk is still sticking to XP, are in no hurry to switch, and we are the majority, we are silent but still the majority, we express our opinions with our wallets, after getting the shaft with Vista we are careful how this next OS works, not to mention the price of 7 which I think is outrageous, sooner or later yes we will all have to switch, but I gurantee you that won't happen till another two years at least, as soon as Microsoft stops with thier XP updates etc. than many will upgrade, I called what was going to happen to Vista when it came out and I hit the nail on the head even though I'm not a PC expert, it was just commin sense which I'm still calling my opinion on this XP issue.

You see many folks on these forums and other sites are mainly PC folks that are advanced, unforunatly your not the majority, but no matter I'm so happy you people are around, that's were I learn the most, there are many goofy forums out there and some that are great, after checking this one I like it and will frequently visit.

And last, this little program I still say was a mistake to excluse XP, any place you visit to download a new piece of software or to buy a box version every one is still XP compatible, this is the first one I came across that does not, your software manufucaturers would be commiting finacil suicide if they didn't include XP this early in the game at least, thier not stupid, they think with thier wallets not thier hearts, I still wish these people from FixWin would reconsider.

auser is offline New Member

After using this program, Aero Snap is broken. It is no longer possible to draw windows to maximise or to be placed on one side.

Other people also encounter this problem:

Google "Aero Snap - Turn On or Off - Page 3 - Windows 7 Forums" to see this.

Please is there a fix for this. I have tried all registry and control panel methods which state that Aero Snap should be working.

rkonit is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by auser View Post
    After using this program, Aero Snap is broken. It is no longer possible to draw windows to maximise or to be placed on one side.

Other people also encounter this problem:

Google "Aero Snap - Turn On or Off - Page 3 - Windows 7 Forums" to see this.

Please is there a fix for this. I have tried all registry and control panel methods which state that Aero Snap should be working.
    The problem identified internally and has been fixed. You may get updated bits with 6Hrs.

auser is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by r.k View Post
    The problem identified internally and has been fixed. You may get updated bits with 6Hrs.
    Where's this?

rkonit is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by auser View Post
    Where's this?
    I already mailed new bits to Andy since I replied... He may upload it soon.
    The ball is not in my court now.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast