DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Support - Ultimate Windows Tweaker 3.0

parassidhu is offline Senior Member

@mvvose It's quite strange. Although the scroll bar problem may have been caused by UWT. Did you fix the problem by Restoring Defaults? I assure you that these problems will be fixed soon in new updates.

@Corsair2 Changing L2 cache doesn't effect PC's performance for lightweight programs. If your system is capable of using high L2 cache and you run high resources wanted programs or graphics editing programs, then you may notice some boost. Again it depends how much you increase it.

It's best to keep the settings unchanged if you don't know much about it. You can read more about L2 cache here: Level 2 cache (L2 cache)

Joe_ is offline New Member

To parassidhu and TWC
    My last post was on 04-28-2014 and your reply was on 07-27-2014 - that's 3 months!! What kind of forum are you guys running? Aren't you ashamed?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_ View Post
    To parassidhu and TWC
    My last post was on 04-28-2014 and your reply was on 07-27-2014 - that's 3 months!! What kind of forum are you guys running? Aren't you ashamed?
    Didn't I get your feedback few months ago in April or May? I did as soon as I seen your post in april or may. Most of your problems are already fixed in 3.1.2 based on your feedback.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_ View Post
    To parassidhu and TWC Aren't you ashamed?
    Ultimate Windows Tweaker is a freeware and support is being offered free, so kindly show restraint.

Joe_ is offline New Member

Sorry, the records speak for themselves. Short of deleting all the forum posts it's there for everyone to see.

VicEB is offline New Member

Default Win. Ultimate Tweaker pukes

Im running windows ultimate Tweaker current version. All the tabs on the left work except System Performance. When i go into that section I get 'Unhandled Exception Occurred...Unable to cast object System.Byte to System.Iconvertable.
    From there, the [Apply] buttons is never active so I cannot make changes on the page.

Anyone ever see this?

Hi,
    Are you using 3.1.2? Can you please post some screenshots and some details about your PC? Hope you're not using any Visual Theme.

Waiting for your reply

tiburon is offline New Member

I have a new Dell Inspriron 15, 7000 series. loved this program, version 3.1, running Windows 8.1.

But I made a mistake. In the customize section, under the tab of This PC, I added personalization option as a system setting to show up. Later I actually saw it there, did not like it, and without thinking a deleted it straight from the explorer window.

So now when I try to open personalization (ie right clicking on the desktop) it shows an error window, with the caption explorer.exe, and the message: unspecified error. THe personalization icon also does not show up in the control panel. And when I double click on a themepack it does nothing.

When I went back to UWT 3.1 the option was still checked to show personalization, so I unchecked it, nothing changed, rechecked it, nothing changed, restarted, nothing changed.

So I was hoping maybe you might have a solution?

Thanks, Tiburon

Quote Originally Posted by tiburon View Post
    I have a new Dell Inspriron 15, 7000 series. loved this program, version 3.1, running Windows 8.1.

But I made a mistake. In the customize section, under the tab of This PC, I added personalization option as a system setting to show up. Later I actually saw it there, did not like it, and without thinking a deleted it straight from the explorer window.

So now when I try to open personalization (ie right clicking on the desktop) it shows an error window, with the caption explorer.exe, and the message: unspecified error. THe personalization icon also does not show up in the control panel. And when I double click on a themepack it does nothing.

When I went back to UWT 3.1 the option was still checked to show personalization, so I unchecked it, nothing changed, rechecked it, nothing changed, restarted, nothing changed.

So I was hoping maybe you might have a solution?

Thanks, Tiburon
    Good to see that you're enjoying our program.

I reproduced your problem and did some research and found a solution. Please follow the following steps:

1. Open Registry Editor
    2. Navigate to "HKEY_CU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion \Explorer\CLSID"
    3. Delete the following key "{ED834ED6-4B5A-4bfe-8F11-A626DCB6A921}"
    4. Restart your explorer or restart PC.

I tried this solution 2 times and it worked for me. Good Luck!
    HappyAndyK likes this.

tiburon is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by parassidhu View Post
    Good to see that you're enjoying our program.

I reproduced your problem and did some research and found a solution. Please follow the following steps:

1. Open Registry Editor
    2. Navigate to "HKEY_CU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion \Explorer\CLSID"
    3. Delete the following key "{ED834ED6-4B5A-4bfe-8F11-A626DCB6A921}"
    4. Restart your explorer or restart PC.

I tried this solution 2 times and it worked for me. Good Luck!
    That worked! Thank you so much for taking the time to test it and find a solution so quickly.
    parassidhu likes this.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast