DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Feedback & Support - Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 for Windows 10

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by CNT View Post
    Besides the UWT4, is there a suggest guide where I can follow to tweak out features within Win10? There used to be a website where lists suggested to enable/disable Windows Services. It's been long forgotten for me.

Also, can I install UWT4 on my USB thumbdrive? Can I just plug the USB on "any" PC and tweak stuff on other friend's PC (then take the USB back with me)?
    No guide is available unfortunately. If you hover over the tweak it gives you some idea, but one should tweak one's computer only if one know what he/she is doing.

The site is blackviper.com. Amazing resource!

Yes you can carry it on your USB as it is a portable tool.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by CNT View Post
    Besides the UWT4, is there a suggest guide where I can follow to tweak out features within Win10? There used to be a website where lists suggested to enable/disable Windows Services. It's been long forgotten for me.

Also, can I install UWT4 on my USB thumbdrive? Can I just plug the USB on "any" PC and tweak stuff on other friend's PC (then take the USB back with me)?
    No guide is available unfortunately. If you hover over the tweak it gives you some idea, but one should tweak one's computer only if one know what he/she is doing.

The site is blackviper.com. Amazing resource! Take a look at this post: Windows Services Optimization Guide.

Yes you can carry it on your USB as it is a portable tool.

jackbish22 is offline New Member

Hello with your program Ultimate windows tweaker for windows 10 I was wounding is there a way I could get ride of the eject media icon and PC status at risk icon from the tast bar. thanks jack

marrtw is offline New Member

Default UWT4 does not open

When I clicked the exe for the first time, it created a restore point, then nothing happened. I found the UWT4 icon in the "notifications area" of the task bar, but clicking or right-clicking this icon does nothing. The ButtonExtended.dll file is in the same directory as the exe. Any ideas?

parassidhu is offline Senior Member

This should not happen as the required DLL file is in the same directory. Try redownloading the zip file from TWC incase DLL got corrupted somehow.

Second option is to try opening UWT in new/guest user account.

I downloaded the file from TWC and one other place. Tried both with same result.

I created a new account with admin privileges and got the same behavior.

Files in folder are:

ButtonExtended.dll
    Read Me First.txt
    Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4.0.2.0.exe
    UWT4 Home Page

BTW, I've run DISM and SFC on this machine. No problems found.

Ok, after more testing, the program does finally load. It takes several minutes and I was just killing the process to early in the task manager. I've seen this with a few other programs on my PC. Not sure of the root cause. Sorry for the false alarm.
    HappyAndyK likes this.

parassidhu is offline Senior Member

After you start UWT, open Task Manager and check if UWT is being shown there?

MSRadell is offline New Member

I've been using UWT for quite a while with great success. When I ran the "Repair Windows system image" today I got an error message that said the source files cannot be found. In addition when I went to the website it showed in the message, it said that site was invalid. What do I do to correct this issue?

Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast