Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Feedback & Support - Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 for Windows 10

Chauncey is offline New Member

Windows 10 updated 2018 05 10. It replaced the arrows in desktop link icons.

Ultimate Windows Tweaker won't open at all in this new update.
    I don't mean to be a complainer but it would be great if this could be fixed.

rand0mz805 is offline New Member

Default Question about context menu options

First off let me say I like your utility very much, so thank you. My question is for the context menu options. I added the command prompt to my context menu, and I would like it to be run as administrator. However, I do not want all programs to be run as administrator by using the user account control settings. Is the command prompt in my context menu a shortcut that you could tell me the location of? Thanks.

-Daniel
    László likes this.

vijer is offline New Member

Since using Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4.4.1 - none of my Quick Access links display and I cannot add anything to Quick Access, a red circle with a slash is displayed. What could be causing this behavior?

parassidhu is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by phrab View Post
    Let me start by thanking you for a wonderful products & for all your hard work!

I have Windows 10 version 10.0.16299. I haven't downloaded UWT 4.4.1 yet (still have 4.4). I've been trying to delete a folder (Avira), so I used UWT to put TakeOwnership on the context menu & rebooted. I selected the folder, which is read-only, & took ownership. However, it still won't let me remove the read-only attribute or delete it.

Isn't this what "Take ownership" is supposed to allow...or am I not using it correctly?
    "Take Ownership" may not apply universally to all the files/folders. Some files/folders are protected by the system. Have you tried manually taking ownership?

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey View Post
    Windows 10 updated 2018 05 10. It replaced the arrows in desktop link icons.

Ultimate Windows Tweaker won't open at all in this new update.
    I don't mean to be a complainer but it would be great if this could be fixed.
    Hope you're using latest version 4.4.1. Do let me know if your problem is solved or persists.

Quote Originally Posted by rand0mz805 View Post
    First off let me say I like your utility very much, so thank you. My question is for the context menu options. I added the command prompt to my context menu, and I would like it to be run as administrator. However, I do not want all programs to be run as administrator by using the user account control settings. Is the command prompt in my context menu a shortcut that you could tell me the location of? Thanks.

-Daniel
    Can you elaborate a bit more? As far as I have understood, you wish to add the option in context menu to run CMD as administrator. We've added it to the list for the next release.

Quote Originally Posted by vijer View Post
    Since using Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4.4.1 - none of my Quick Access links display and I cannot add anything to Quick Access, a red circle with a slash is displayed. What could be causing this behavior?
    Is your problem solved? Can you provide me with a screenshot?

AaronG85 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by vijer View Post
    Had the same issue fixed by re-enabling Customization > Windows 10 > Quick Access > Show "Frequent Folders"

AaronG85 is offline New Member

Using UWT 4.4.1 and have chosen to remove 'Customize Inbuilt Folders' and it does, but after I open my Pictures folder it, for some reason, reappears in Explorer? How do I stop this from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronG85 View Post
    Using UWT 4.4.1 and have chosen to remove 'Customize Inbuilt Folders' and it does, but after I open my Pictures folder it, for some reason, reappears in Explorer? How do I stop this from happening.
    It doesn't come back for me. Does it appear back instantly or after some time like restart?

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast