DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Feedback & Support - Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 for Windows 10

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Lates version 4.0.1.0 has been released. Includes bug fixes.

diskdoc is offline New Member

Hello, I have just downloaded v4.0.1.0 and it is great. One small problem I am experiencing is with the Windows Experience Index, which is on the System information tab. I click "run assessment" and it seems to complete the process. However the result is not updated. It's not a major issue, I thought I should bring it to your attention.

parassidhu is offline Senior Member

Hi,

So what is the reading WEI now? Is it something or not available? Maybe WEI calulates the same value as that of before.

w33d3r is offline New Member

Hi ParasSidhu

Request that some of the options and what they do are defined clearer.

Customization \ This PC

On this Tab is the explanation "Please use options given below to add / remove useful system settings in this PC"

So if I tick OneDrive for example .. Where do the useful settings for this appear ?. I did not see anything extra added in Control Panel. Nor do I see anything obvious added to the new Windows 10 Settings panel anywhere amogn the options there.

The description is probably ambiguous or I am missing something obvious, my apologies if this is the case.

Edit : I have just realised where it is .. This PC .. as in "My Computer" not this PC meaning this machine. So if we click "This PC" from Start / All Apps / Windows System / This PC, then we should get the settings there somewhere ? .. Or do we need to Right Click This PC and choose Properties .. I guess I just need to experiment.
    Last edited by w33d3r; 1st September 2015 at 13:10.

w33d3r is offline New Member

Also could we have an option somewhere to change the way a new Explorer windows sticks to the bottom or top edge of the windows desktop

The most annoying thing about windows 10 is the window behaviour not remembering its position the next time you open up Explorer, it remembers its size, but position is always magnetically attracted to the top or bottom of the screen. I have tried turning off windows snap, the problem remains.

I have tried searching MS knowledge and Google, but the use of the word Edge these days impedes getting the correct results we are looking for .. Because everything related to Edge now means the new browser which is installed aswell as IE, and not related to windows edges
    Last edited by w33d3r; 1st September 2015 at 13:17.

diskdoc is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by parassidhu View Post
    Hi,

So what is the reading WEI now? Is it something or not available? Maybe WEI calulates the same value as that of before.
    There was no previous reading, it was a clean install of Windows 10. The Assess Now message is still displayed.

Quote Originally Posted by diskdoc View Post
    There was no previous reading, it was a clean install of Windows 10. The Assess Now message is still displayed.
    That button is to update your score in case you have upgraded your hardware or it had been a long time since you updated the score. So that button will always be there. Hopefully the score is being shown.

Quote Originally Posted by w33d3r View Post
    Also could we have an option somewhere to change the way a new Explorer windows sticks to the bottom or top edge of the windows desktop

The most annoying thing about windows 10 is the window behaviour not remembering its position the next time you open up Explorer, it remembers its size, but position is always magnetically attracted to the top or bottom of the screen. I have tried turning off windows snap, the problem remains.

I have tried searching MS knowledge and Google, but the use of the word Edge these days impedes getting the correct results we are looking for .. Because everything related to Edge now means the new browser which is installed aswell as IE, and not related to windows edges
    Just open "This PC" and you will see the enabled options.

Taking note of your second feedback, we're not promising but we'll surely look into the issue if anything can be done.

TheTechnic is offline New Member

Thanks for the tool - very helpful.
    I have one feature request though: Would it be possible to export the list of changes (or even just each checkbox option) as a registry file?
    I have a bunch of machines that need to be changed and being able to decide on all the options then just export a single registry file would make my job a whole lot easier.
    Just a thought.
    Anyway, thanks for your efforts.

Jpm
    Jpm is offline New Member

Hello, I have just downloaded v4.0.1.0 and it is great. One small problem I am experiencing is with the Windows Experience Index, which is on the System information tab. I click "run assessment" and it crash when run running WinSAT.exe

Nom de l’application défaillante WinSAT.exe, version : 10.0.10240.16384, horodatage : 0x559f38d6
    Nom du module défaillant : igdumdim64.dll_unloaded, version : 10.18.10.4252, horodatage : 0x55a06576
    Code d’exception : 0xc0000005
    Décalage d’erreur : 0x0000000000021260
    ID du processus défaillant : 0x768
    Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d0e869ccc96b06
    Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Windows\system32\WinSAT.exe
    Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: igdumdim64.dll
    ID de rapport : 123e07a1-cdf1-4ca6-8f3b-cd01300d23d0
    Nom complet du package défaillant-:
    ID de l’application relative au package défaillant-:

ANY WAY Thanks for awesome work

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast