DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Feedback & Support - Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 for Windows 10

Darkflame is offline New Member

Hey guys, thanks for this wonderful tool, for one of the future updates, is there any chance of giving us the option of adding back the clickable text shortcut to 'customizing the notification area' from the up arrow next to the notification area?

It was there in Windows 8/8.1 but MS in there infinite wisdom have decided to remove it in 10 which is highly annoying as i used it often

I'd also like the ability to remove some padding between the items on the taskbar, the Windows 10 tasks colour bars likes to expand a few pixels when you hover them which i find is pointless because the hovered task gets highlighted with a colour anyway.

I'd like to disable the colour bars from expanding and save that pixel space entirely.

Last edited by Darkflame; 6th September 2015 at 10:23.

parassidhu is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jpm View Post
    Hello, I have just downloaded v4.0.1.0 and it is great. One small problem I am experiencing is with the Windows Experience Index, which is on the System information tab. I click "run assessment" and it crash when run running WinSAT.exe

Nom de l’application défaillante WinSAT.exe, version : 10.0.10240.16384, horodatage : 0x559f38d6
    Nom du module défaillant : igdumdim64.dll_unloaded, version : 10.18.10.4252, horodatage : 0x55a06576
    Code d’exception : 0xc0000005
    Décalage d’erreur : 0x0000000000021260
    ID du processus défaillant : 0x768
    Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d0e869ccc96b06
    Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Windows\system32\WinSAT.exe
    Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: igdumdim64.dll
    ID de rapport : 123e07a1-cdf1-4ca6-8f3b-cd01300d23d0
    Nom complet du package défaillant-:
    ID de l’application relative au package défaillant-:

ANY WAY Thanks for awesome work
    Hi there,

Thanks for reporting your problem. Did a command prompt window open when you clicked "Run Assessment"? You didn't disable Command Prompt through "Security and, right? Are you running it from administrator account? Some more information may help us diagnose this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
    Hey guys, thanks for this wonderful tool, for one of the future updates, is there any chance of giving us the option of adding back the clickable text shortcut to 'customizing the notification area' from the up arrow next to the notification area?

It was there in Windows 8/8.1 but MS in there infinite wisdom have decided to remove it in 10 which is highly annoying as i used it often

I'd also like the ability to remove some padding between the items on the taskbar, the Windows 10 tasks colour bars likes to expand a few pixels when you hover them which i find is pointless because the hovered task gets highlighted with a colour anyway.

I'd like to disable the colour bars from expanding and save that pixel space entirely.
    Hi,

Going through your first problem, there is still an option left. Right click the date and time present in notifications area. There's the option you want in the context menu.
    We would see a workaround for your second problem. However this shouldn't be a "real" problem. How does that few pixels can cause problem?

Jpm
    Jpm is offline New Member

Yes a command prompt popup
    I did not disble UAC so I add to confirm the launch
    I am running with the administrator account

here is the content of the command prompt Windows

Outil d?évaluation du système Windows
    > Exécution de l?évaluation formelle
    > En cours d?exécution-: Énumération de fonctions ''
    > Heure d?exécution 00:00:00.00
    > En cours d?exécution-: Évaluation WinSAT Direct3D '-aname DWM -time 10 -fbc 10 -disp off -normalw 1 -alphaw 2 -width 1280 -height 1024 -winwidth C(1144) -winheight C(915) -rendertotex 6 -rtdelta 3 -nolock'
    > Évaluation des performances des graphismes du bureau

as you can see I am running a french edition Windows 10
    I hope you get enough if not just explain what can I do to help you
    Cheers

Hi,
    I need more information to troubleshoot the problem. Can you please run the following command after running CMD as admin: winsat formal -restart. Make sure your device is plugged in, if it's portable.

Btw, what is the current reading of WEI in UWT 4? Which edition of Windows 10 are you using?

Jpm

I am using Win10 10240
    the result in admin is followed by a crash

Microsoft Windows [version 10.0.10240]
    (c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. Tous droits réservés.

C:\Windows\system32>winsat formal -restart
    Outil d?évaluation du système Windows
    > Exécution de l?évaluation formelle
    > En cours d?exécution-: Énumération de fonctions ''
    > Heure d?exécution 00:00:00.00
    > En cours d?exécution-: Évaluation WinSAT Direct3D '-aname DWM -time 10 -fbc 10 -disp off -normalw 1 -alphaw 2 -width 1280 -height 1024 -winwidth C(1144) -winheight C(915) -rendertotex 6 -rtdelta 3 -nolock'
    > Évaluation des performances des graphismes du bureau

I don't understand what WEI MEANS
    Last edited by Jpm; 9th September 2015 at 22:11.

hackerman1 is offline Senior Member

WEI = Windows Experience Index

odbradley is offline New Member

Hi there!

This isn't a world ending issue or anything, but I thought I'd post here and hopefully get some kind of feedback!

I use a vertical taskbar (it's on the left edge of the screen, as opposed to the bottom). And I use 7+ Taskbar Tweaker to shrink the width of the Taskbar so that there's just a single column of notification tray icons. I'd been doing this on Windows 10 with no problems.

After using Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4.0.1.0, however, I am no longer able to shrink the taskbar to a single column, like I was previously able to. I can shrink the taskbar width, but at least 2 columns of notification tray icons remain. Shrinking the taskbar further just ends up clipping 1 of the columns.

I tried to restore the default settings with the UWTweaker, but the issue remained. I've checked and unchecked every option I can think of in UWT that relates to the taskbar (and restarted), but alas. I uninstalled and reinstalled 7+ Taskbar Tweaker, but nothing came of it. It seems UWTweaker has changed something that interferes with 7+ Taskbar Tweaker's usual operation, but I see no way to undo this change.

Do you have any idea how I can fix this?

I'd greatly appreciate anyone's help! Cheers!

EDIT:

Hmm. After changing the taskbar to use small icons, it seems I can shrink the the notification area to 1 column again. I kinda preferred the normal sized buttons, but this is better than nothing.

NEVERMIND! Carry on
    Last edited by odbradley; 10th September 2015 at 00:12.

Jpm

Quote Originally Posted by hackerman1 View Post
    WEI = Windows Experience Index
    thanks
    i just got it using another tweaker from winaero which get the same crash so i assume Something bad in my installation
    MS fault certainly as I use the .iso getted with WindowsCreationTool which is ok for clean installation
    So certainly better to no go further analysis of my problem.
    Thanks again for all

Quote Originally Posted by Jpm View Post
    thanks
    i just got it using another tweaker from winaero which get the same crash so i assume Something bad in my installation
    MS fault certainly as I use the .iso getted with WindowsCreationTool which is ok for clean installation
    So certainly better to no go further analysis of my problem.
    Thanks again for all
    Hi,
    There may be some corrupted system file which are causing this problem. Best bet is to try sfc/scannow option and/or DISM (both the commands are available in UWT 4 in the main page).

Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast