Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By leslha
  • 1 Post By David S

Thread: Cannot install Windows 10 on a NX supported desktop

leslha is offline New Member

Default Cannot install Windows 10 on a NX supported desktop

I have a desktop with an Intel Core2 Quadcore Q9300(32bits) I have tried to install Windoes 10 ,but I get a error message"Your CPU dont support NX"
    According to the Intel s specefication The Q9300 supports NX.
    I cheched it with Coreinfo: NX,PAE and SS2 supported.
    I checked is again with CPUID-CPU-Z : it says Intructions: MMX,SSe,SSE2,SSE3,SSE4,EM64T,VTX.
    I have also enable EDB(Execute Disabled Bit) in my BIOS
    Any suggestions??????
    Kind regards
    Leslha

I am from the Netherlands , Tried to call but the phonenumber is not correct

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

That was a spam number. I deleted his post.

Please see if something here helps you: Microsoft Support : Phone Number, Live Chat, Email ID, Useful Links

I have solved the problem
    After hours of surching on the Internet and combine things I finaly was able to installed Windows 10

Kapil Arya is offline Microsoft MVP

Hello

If you can, please share the solution to the issue you just overcomed. We hope it helps others having same problem.

Regards.

OK here is what I found. The Windows 10 app compatibility test dont look at de CPU specs. It looks at reponse of some software. There are two barriers 1 is the nx setting in your BIOS the other one I call it the DEVIL is DEP (Data Execution Prevention). This is the one that made a that the compatility test said "Your CPU dont support NX) In mine case it was disabled and I could not change it(it was grey).
    I used the instructions to enable my setting with a coommand line. Impotant is to login as Administrator I tried to post some URL with those instructions but I was not allowed . (got an error massage)so you have to look for them yoürself. "Hpw to enable DEP

I think a lot of user had the same problem as I had and did not check their CPU. used SiSoft Sandra to check my CPU specs Windows 10 is installed on my desktop and working very good

I hope this information has been usefull

Kind Regards
    HappyAndyK likes this.

David S is offline New Member

I found that if you go into Computer->Properties->Advanced system settings->Performance Options->Data Execution Prevention and make sure "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:" is selected, the NX message does not appear. This is likely because Microsoft's test of data execution is not a "essential Windows program and service".
    HappyAndyK likes this.