Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By vasudev
  • 1 Post By Deycey

Thread: Unable to click window (bottom left) to get to windows 10 desktop

Deycey is offline New Member

Default Unable to click window (bottom left) to get to windows 10 desktop

I have recently downloaded windows 10 & it was OK to start with, but now I cannot operate the window button, bottom left, to get into windows 10 desktop. After reading suggestions I cannot even revert to windows 7 as I can`t access settings in UPDATE & SECURITY & hence RECOVERY!!
    I am using an ASPIRE 5749 laptop. Please help!!

Kapil Arya is offline Microsoft MVP

Hello,

Install the latest Windows Updates that were released in recent couple of weeks. Installing them may fix the issues you're facing.

Hope this helps, Good luck

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

In the bottom right is the Start button and menu. The button to get to the desktop is in the bottom right.

Install the latest updates and if it doesn't still work see: Start Menu does not open or not working in Windows 10

Can`t find the windows update button! It appears to have gone walkabouts!!

Please tell me how to find the windows update button under these conditions. I don`t know where to look.

vasudev is offline Moderator

Are you in 'Tablet mode'? Please check this & revert back by clciking on Action center (icon next to Clock/Date&Time in bottom right) and clcik on tablet mode. Its a toggle switch.
    Now the Start button will again work.
    For accessing 'Settings' if your Start button still not working, Press Winkey+I to open Settings > Update & security > Windows Update.
    HappyAndyK likes this.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by vasudev View Post
    Are you in 'Tablet mode'? Please check this & revert back by clciking on Action center (icon next to Clock/Date&Time in bottom right) and clcik on tablet mode. Its a toggle switch.
    Now the Start button will again work.
    For accessing 'Settings' if your Start button still not working, Press Winkey+I to open Settings > Update & security > Windows Update.
    Thank you!!
    Pressing the Winkey+I got me windows update. One update would not install so I decided to revert back to my original Windows 7. I later tried to update windows again, but it did not want to know. A further try put me in the position to again install Windows 10. This time it went through downloading but gave up on installing, suggesting I again download windows update.
    I think I will stick with Windows 7 unless you can suggest something simple as I confess to being 80 & while I can do simple things (If you hold my hand) I am not a fully fledged Geek!!
    Deycey
    HappyAndyK likes this.

Yet another update!! Today I decided to again download Windows 10 & joy of joys, it was working fine until I had cause to restart!! After it restarted I was unable to press the start button!! Unless someone can tell me what to do in simple terms, I don`t think windows 10 is for me!! Any volunteers????
    Deycey