Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jesthe3rd

Thread: Windows 10 File Explorer issues. Hangs when opening, or does not display correctly

jesthe3rd is offline New Member

Exclamation Windows 10 File Explorer issues. Hangs when opening, or does not display correctly

So everything has been working great with my upgrade until 4 days ago. Now sometimes file explorer hangs when opening, or does not display correctly. It tends to happen hours after a restart or reboot. Sometimes it also affects the tool and you can't bring apps by right clicking or left clicking. After a restart it works for a while then happens again? Anyone know what might be causing this? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

I had already ran sfc /scannow and Dism. Neither worked. I am trying your explorer crashes or freezes now. I really think it has something to do with content management. I also notice some files were missing for some services. But again everything was fine 4 day ago, so I am disabling 7zip, and VLC content in explorer to see if that helps. I will update tomorrow.
    HappyAndyK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jesthe3rd View Post
    I had already ran sfc /scannow and Dism. Neither worked. I am trying your explorer crashes or freezes now. I really think it has something to do with content management. I also notice some files were missing for some services. However, again, everything was fine 4 days ago, so I am disabling 7zip, and VLC content in explorer to see if that helps. I will update tomorrow.
    This didn't fix it. I have tried a ton of stuff, and nothing has worked. The only thing I have noticed is that OneDrive is not showing up in the notification tray when it occurs. So I am now wondering if it has something to do with OneDrive. I also have OneDrive for Business linked to my Office365 for work account. However, it stays in the tray. Anyone??? It's driving me crazy having my file explorer basically not load at different parts during the day, and then I have to do a restart. Thanks again in advance for any help.

I actually fixed it by going into properties and changing the security to enable control to admin, and me. I don't know what made it change, but I had to do every app, and even the drives. Now I am having no file explorer issues, but now I am having other issues! UGH!