Thread: Stop a printer driver from trying to install at every Windows 10 boot up

Bluesticks is offline New Member

Default Stop a printer driver from trying to install at every Windows 10 boot up

Hi,
    Have installed windows 10 and fixed most of the very minor hiccups. I have noticed the below message in the Computer Management Event Viewer window. It comes up about 8 times every time I start Windows. I have an Epson printer that works ok but do not have a Gestetner C7640 printer. Is there somewhere I can stop this printer from trying to install at every boot up. It's not really a problem, just an annoyance.
    I hope you can help me and thanks in advance
    Jim

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-PrintService/Admin
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-PrintService
    Date: 19/08/2015 11:35:53 AM
    Event ID: 215
    Task Category: Installing a printer driver
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Printer Setup,Printer
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: Jim-PC
    Description:
    Installing printer driver Gestetner C7640nD PS failed, error code 0x0, HRESULT 0x80070BC8. See the event user data for context information.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Identify the Driver, check its settings and see if you can disable Check for updates or something similar.

Else, check up the startup locations and remove its entry. Freeware WinPatrol can help you do this.

Bluesticks is offline New Member

Cannot find the driver and printer does not exist. Have installed Winpatrol but that does not help.
    Where should I look to find the installation procedure at boot up?
    If I can find it then maybe I can delete it and stop this fictitious printer from trying to install at every boot up.